Specialty dining reservation... losing mind?

Shellbelle28

The reservations opened up for specialty dining for my cruise today and I started putting in dates and times I wanted. I chose restaurant, date, and time and put it in the cart, going through the checkout with "$0.00" since I have the dining package. It looks as though the reservation completes but I can't find anywhere to confirm that the reservation is booked. Is the NCL website just faking me out? Am I looking in the wrong place to see a booking listed? Help!

Edited by Shellbelle28

2 minutes ago, Shellbelle28 said:

The reservations opened up for specialty dining for my cruise today and I started putting in dates and times I wanted. I chose restaurant, date, and time and put it in the cart, going through the checkout with "$0.00" since I have the dining package. It looks as though the reservation completes but I can't find anywhere to confirm that the reservation is booked. Is the NCL website just faking me out? Am I looking in the wrong place to see a booking listed? Help!

We got an email from NCL with our dining reservations and it showed up on our cruise planner under each day.

I have heard from others that they had issues with making reservations and them not showing up.  They ended up booking each one separately and that seemed to work.

It looks as though one at a time is the secret. However, I have one meal left from my package and I want to do Moderno another time and it is coming up at full price instead of zero, so I don't know what that's about. I guess I'll wait a while to let things clear out and then try again. 

7 minutes ago, phquick said:

Question is the Main Dinning rooms that bad? Haven’t been on NCL in 13 years. 

Thanks,

Brad

The MDR are great. The rotating daily specials are the way to go, though sometimes the mainstays are good. 

Plus, if you don't enjoy it, you can always leave and go to the buffet and no one bats an eyelash. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, phquick said:

Thanks,

Brad

Not at all. You see nowadays many people get specialty dining as a booking perk, so reservations are required to reduce the waiting times. BTW welcome back!

• Haha 1

YES something is wrong with their website!  I had the same issue this morning.  I completed dinner & show requests for a 10 day cruise.  It seemed to go thru but I wasn't getting the confirmation I typically do and when I looked at my reservation summary only the entertainment request was showing.  I called NCL, she re-entered all my selections and she had the exact same issue-nothing processed.  Finally determined ONE of the dinner reservations was the issue.  We selected a different time for that one night and they all went thru.  All are now showing up under my reservation summary when I select each individual day and also showing under 'print booked items'.  I would suggest calling if you have any concerns.  

57 minutes ago, phquick said:

Thanks,

Brad

Main dining rooms are good.  Like others have said, you can go to the buffet if you don't like anything on the MDR menu one night as well as the noodle bar (if one is on your ship) and o'sheenhans.  Plenty of complementary options

1 hour ago, phquick said:

Thanks,

Brad

The Main Dining Rooms are great! Since many/most people get the Free at Sea specialty dining package included with their booking, there are always a lot of questions. Alternative complimentary dining include O'Sheehan/The Local and the Buffet. On the Escape, there is also a complimentary dinner show most nights.  

Edited by BirdTravels