Dining Room question

Grammajojo8

For casual tropical night dress my husband has a t-shirt that has palm trees etc on it.  Is a tee shirt permitted in the dining room as long as he has long pants on?   and what about gym shoes?     The other thing I'm wondering about is when it's 'formal' night, you can't eat in the dining room unless you have on a suit or tux, correct?   Thanks for any clarification. 

35 minutes ago, Grammajojo8 said:

For casual tropical night dress my husband has a t-shirt that has palm trees etc on it.  Is a tee shirt permitted in the dining room as long as he has long pants on?   and what about gym shoes?     The other thing I'm wondering about is when it's 'formal' night, you can't eat in the dining room unless you have on a suit or tux, correct?   Thanks for any clarification. 

Royal does not enforce dress suggestions, so you can wear whatever you like.

• Like 1

Our 1st cruise my husband rented a tux and I wore a gown. Felt quite comfortable. We fit right in. That was over 15 yrs ago. In the years since it has really changed and gone not formal. Now my husband and boys wear shirt and tie and quite often are overdressed compared to others. Wear what makes you feel your best! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suesnake2002 said:

The dress code is greatly relaxed. I have seen shorts and tee shirts on formal night. 

I would stay with the long pants tho. 

Me and hubby enjoy dressing up. To each their own

I enjoy dressing up but my hubby does not.  :(     And it's good to know that I can at least try and meet him 1/2 way with it.  Thank you!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

A lot of ships no longer have formal night. It’s been changed to a dress your best type of night. You will see all kinds of dress in MDR. I agree with sticking with long pants. 

Oh I see.  That's kind of a shame.  I think many people enjoy the formal night.  Thank you for your input.

28 minutes ago, Twice_a_year said:

I almost always wear a jacket to dinner. This is my choice. However, you also have the choice. Wear what you like, you are on vacation. Have fun, relax, and don't worry about the "old fogies" we're there to relax and not judge. 

Now that is good advice!   Thank you!