Entertainment on Freedom

gobigblue1

11 hours ago, islandkisses said:

Just got back from a b2b on the Freedom and the formal nights were Monday and Friday 🙂

We are leaving on the 6th of October. Any tips or suggestions?  We have been to all the ports before, so will likely do our own thing. Did you do anything in particular that you would highly recommend?  Just booked 2 days ago so still in the planning stage for us...

8 hours ago, cruisencrazy said:

We are leaving on the 6th of October. Any tips or suggestions?  We have been to all the ports before, so will likely do our own thing. Did you do anything in particular that you would highly recommend?  Just booked 2 days ago so still in the planning stage for us...

I totally recommend renting a golf cart from Bonaire Cruisers. A unique and fun way to explore the island on your own. The shows onboard were pretty good, especially Marquee and the comedian.  The specialty restaurants did not disappoint. This was our first time trying Sabor which we all really enjoyed. Also, Noronha at the R Bar makes the best margaritas (and blue margaritas!). Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 2:09 PM, cruisencrazy said:

Are there any formal nights?  We are doing Southern Caribbean out of San Juan very soon...just booked.  It's a 7 day 

I believe I read there are three.  We are doing the same cruise for 11/10/19.   I packed  semi formal - cocktail dress and  dress slacks.  My guys will have dress slacks and nice shirts, but no jacket.  It's not as super formal as people think.  Our last cruise was 6/96 on NCL, but I remember the attire as I took a Lot of photos! :)

* I don't want to be OT, b/c I don't know where to post, but i would like to know the price of alcoholic drinks if you buy them at the pool and such.  We're not forking out nearly $1K/pp to drink  Coke all day.  I'm actually bringing those drink sticks for the guys to pour into water.

Edited by amberngriff
want to know answers

5 hours ago, amberngriff said:

* I don't want to be OT, b/c I don't know where to post, but i would like to know the price of alcoholic drinks if you buy them at the pool and such.  We're not forking out nearly $1K/pp to drink  Coke all day.  I'm actually bringing those drink sticks for the guys to pour into water.

Mixed drinks are like $12-13.  Not sure about individual beer prices, but I recall people getting the buckets of beer bottles for a cheapish price.

Edited by vacationlover_mn

7 hours ago, amberngriff said:

* I don't want to be OT, b/c I don't know where to post, but i would like to know the price of alcoholic drinks if you buy them at the pool and such. ...

Beers are in the $7 to $9 range.

8 hours ago, amberngriff said:

I believe I read there are three.  We are doing the same cruise for 11/10/19.   I packed  semi formal - cocktail dress and  dress slacks.  My guys will have dress slacks and nice shirts, but no jacket.  It's not as super formal as people think.  Our last cruise was 6/96 on NCL, but I remember the attire as I took a Lot of photos! 🙂

IME, there is no way there are 3 formal nights on a7 night cruise. 

Just now, Merion_Mom said:

IME, there is no way there are 3 formal nights on a7 night cruise. 

I learned something from Sanjay - he says that officially, the cut off is 9 nights or more - supposed to have 3 formals - in practice it seems most of the time it's 13 nights or more when one can expect 3 formals.

16 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Mixed drinks are like $12-13.  Not sure about individual beer prices, but I recall people getting the buckets of beer bottles for a cheapish price.

Thank you.  We aren't big alcohol drinkers, but I  do want to indulge!

I didn't remember that pricing from so long ago.. ironically, this cruise we are taking on 11/10 pricing is just the SAME as it was in 1996. The only difference is the airfare.

Would be interested in speaking w/the other Washington family that is going on the very same trip/date !