Vegetarian in Wonderland & 150 CP

Hi everyone!

I am looking for some advice from recent cruisers. I will be very shortly going on Symphony with someone that is vegetarian and two of the specialty places we are dining at are Wonderland and 150 CP.

Does anyone have any recent experience with eating at these places as a vegetarian? How accommodating are they? Current sample menus don’t have a whole lot of options so we want to set our expectations about if we will need to stop at the buffet or something after so that they can have enough to eat.

Has anyone visited these places recently that could please provide some advice/tips?

Thanks so much in advance :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on Harmony on August and ate at Wonderland with my mother who is vegetarian (not vegan).   They were easily able to accommodate her - some straight up vegetarian dishes were available and some modifications to other dishes were made.  I'm sure this is a common request there so you should have no issues.  Just ask your server to take care of the ordering and they will do a good job!  Didn't try CP150 though.

Wonderland is definitely flexible if they can be - I'm allergic to shellfish (including crab) and my guide was able to have the Crispy Crab Cone modified to have piquillo peppers in it instead of crab. The guides will ask prior to the meal if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies.

33 minutes ago, TripleQ said:

We were on Harmony on August and ate at Wonderland with my mother who is vegetarian (not vegan).   They were easily able to accommodate her - some straight up vegetarian dishes were available and some modifications to other dishes were made.  I'm sure this is a common request there so you should have no issues.  Just ask your server to take care of the ordering and they will do a good job!  Didn't try CP150 though.

Just now, garnetpalmetto said:

Wonderland is definitely flexible if they can be - I'm allergic to shellfish (including crab) and my guide was able to have the Crispy Crab Cone modified to have piquillo peppers in it instead of crab. The guides will ask prior to the meal if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies.

Thanks both of you. That is great to hear 🙂

You're welcome! Also, depending on what type of vegetarian they are especially if they're ovo-lacto, I think several of the menu items are already vegetarian friendly.

Thanks, yes they only don’t eat fish and meat, but they do eat eggs and dairy. :)

150 has (or at least had) a nice cauliflower “steak” on the menu.  I had the entree’  once and it was tasty. 
Enjoy
M   

Thanks! Yes I saw that but wasn’t sure how it would be. :)

5 minutes ago, 37645 said:

Thanks, yes they only don’t eat fish and meat, but they do eat eggs and dairy. 🙂

In that case I think the only difficulty is for them to choose their entree as I think all the entrees our guide mentioned had meat or fish in them. Otherwise I think the following menu items are ovo-lacto friendly:

Baby Vegetables in the Garden

Reconstructed Caprese

Tomato Water

Crispy Crab Cones (if done like mine were with piquillos)
The Bird's Nest
Liquid Truffle Mushroom Risotto

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I will say...  I thought Baby Vegetables in the Garden were kinda not great 😞

That's disappointing - that's one of the appetizers I was hoping to have that we didn't get. Our meal was:

The Bird's Nest
Mad Hatter's Purple Potted Shrimp (one portion for my wife only)
Crispy Crab Cones
Citrus Seas Shhh...
Reconstructed Caprese
Tomato Water
The Rib "I" Luscious Short Rib (my entree)
Branzino in Crispy Bread (my wife's entree)
Forbidden Apple
The World

I wasn't a fan of the Citrus Seas Shhh (I gave it a shot but the texture of the tuna just wasn't my cup of tea) and would have liked to have tried the Baby Vegetables or the Liquid Truffle Mushroom Risotto.

1 hour ago, garnetpalmetto said:

That's disappointing - that's one of the appetizers I was hoping to have that we didn't get. Our meal was:

The Bird's Nest
Mad Hatter's Purple Potted Shrimp (one portion for my wife only)
Crispy Crab Cones
Citrus Seas Shhh...
Reconstructed Caprese
Tomato Water
The Rib "I" Luscious Short Rib (my entree)
Branzino in Crispy Bread (my wife's entree)
Forbidden Apple
The World

I wasn't a fan of the Citrus Seas Shhh (I gave it a shot but the texture of the tuna just wasn't my cup of tea) and would have liked to have tried the Baby Vegetables or the Liquid Truffle Mushroom Risotto.

Which ship was that?  I’ve done wonderland on Harmony and Symphony, and don’t remember the shrimp or shhhh.

and both DH and I agree that the beef that looks like a brownie/cake was the best food we’ve ever eaten.  We really didn’t like the forbidden apple.

6 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Which ship was that?  I’ve done wonderland on Harmony and Symphony, and don’t remember the shrimp or shhhh.

and both DH and I agree that the beef that looks like a brownie/cake was the best food we’ve ever eaten.  We really didn’t like the forbidden apple.

This was on Symphony last week. The Citrus Seas Shhh... is served in a hollowed-out lime and topped with a yuzu granita while the Potted Shrimp is served in a little teacup and has a scotch bonnet aioli/sauce at the bottom.

We liked The World better than the Forbidden Apple but we thought both were pretty good. I'd have liked the Apple more if the lemon curd was a little more sour, I think.

Edited by garnetpalmetto
  • Like 1

We will be on Harmony in October with the UDP and eat mainly vegetarian (on occasion will eat seafood) so I appreciate the information in this thread.

I have found at other restaurants that if I don't see anything that meets my needs I will ask if anything can be done to make something vegetarian.  Most are able to easily make changes even if it is just not including the meat, etc that is in the original dish.  I have also had the waiters tell me they will speak to the chef and have had some great meals as a result.  One of the best meals we had was at Boma at Disney World.  Tlhe chef actually came out and talked to us to see what we liked and didn't like and what we could and could not eat.  He then made this amazing tower of vegetables that was incredible. We were the envy of the other diners in the restaurant.  He even made us a special dessert (at no charge).  I apologized for making a special request but he said he actually enjoys doing special meals since he can be creative and gets a bit bored making the same things every night.   Bottom line is just ask if you don't find something you like.

7 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

150 has (or at least had) a nice cauliflower “steak” on the menu.  I had the entree’  once and it was tasty. 

Enjoy

M   

Just out of curiosity was it sliced like a cross section (below) or more like a slice from the top of the crown?

cauliflower-steak-720.jpg