Do Thrill Waterpark full day passes sell out?

xpcdoojk

I was last at Coco Cay in 2013, and it was basically a quiet beach day.  Now with the waterpark and zipline it seems like something similar to Atlantis.  We are there in January, and on some of my historic January cruises in the Caribbean it has not hit 70 degrees for a high, or it has hit 85 degrees.  So, I am reluctant to book a waterpark day when I don’t know what the weather is.  So, I would like to buy it the on board the ship.  Does it sell out?  Is the zipline worth an additional $40.  We have done a lot of ziplines in Mexico and Costa Rica.  

What do you like to do at Coco Cay since it has been updated?

Should I just stay on the ship and do the flowrider without a crowd?

thanks

jc

I went to the new CocoCay in August and was pleasantly surprised.

To say that I had low expectations is a vast understatement, but it was wonderful. 

I imagine that the waterpark would sell out in child-heavy times, like the several months of spring break, summer vacation, and the winter holidays.  Other than that, probably not.

Of course, it also depends on who is in port.  The place is planned for two, and with the expansion, three.  I was there with Majesty and Mariner and it wasn't crowded.  Another pleasant surprise.

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, I am reluctant to book a waterpark day when I don’t know what the weather is.

I bought the waterpark tickets when I liked the price.  A week or so before the cruise, I will start checking the 10 day forecast and decide if the temps will be warm enough to keep or cancel for the wimps in my party. 

• Haha 1

Don’t care about Cabanas, for our cruise it is $93 for all day and $134 for the zip line too.  I would probably like to do all of this, but I have no reference to what a value price is.  Or I could just do the flowrider and eat the ribs.

jc

22 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, the waterpark sucks?  I have never had good barbecue anything while on a cruise.  

JC

Use to be really good on Labadee, 30yrs ago. Cooked everything over open Flame, was no Buildings except one rest room and one covered Pavilion. They'd bring all ashore, buns made on ship, hamburger wasn't from pre-made frozen patties. There wasn't a single local selling their wares. What I enjoyed most wasn't the food, was no water toys, no Amusement Park...

We went in late August when a lot of kids had gone back to school.  We were on Harmony and that was the only ship at Coco Cay that day.  My son really enjoyed the water slides, but he had to wait an hour for the really tall slide and about 30 minutes for any other slide.    He said it would only be worth it if you were on a really small ship that was the only ship in port.  

I think the water park was a good idea, but I don't think it has enough slides for the crowd it receives.  Also the lifeguards from the ship staffed some of the slides, so the slides on the ship were closed.  I am not sure if the flow rider was open or not.  

Next time we get stuck going to Coco Cay, we are just going to make a beach day of it.    

I highly doubt the water park will ever sell out. I was there on Symphony (the only ship on the island) in early August, when schools were still out.. Not only was the park packed, they were selling entry at the door.

(The way the island works is that you can buy pretty much anything on site. The staff have these tablets and they take a picture of you when you buy the package so there's "proof" it was you.)

That said, I loved my day there. For the fastest slide, they were handing out tickets so that the line was manageable. This allowed me to return at my designated time and wait no more than 15 minutes. That said, this wasn't advertised and  you needed to be at the park by 9:15 AM to get one. Otherwise, you were stuck waiting until 2 PM when the queue opened to all -- and it was long.