Carambola or Marriott for a beach day

klytus

21 minutes ago, VegasVic14 said:

We are cruising in mid July '22...Dec/Jan not feasible. I guess I'm not really convinced you can predict what the weather will be like in St. Kitts on our day there anymore than anyone else, myself included.

With that, and not knowing what TTE even means, I gather it's your considered opinion that the Marriott is THE location to spend a day at?

Yes, it is THE place to go, away from T’erds,

one of the best beach experiences in the Caribbean 

TTE’s Protocol 

Remember to follow the TTE copy/paste for the Marriott, here’s his advice

I've have never made reservations once on our visits to the Marriott, when are you going?? Between now and Christmas you won't need anything but a smile and a credit card for your $35.00(Please don't pay the booking fee.) day pass at the St. Kitts Marriott. 

It's this simple, when your taxi drops you off in front of the Marriott, you walk directly towards the concierge desk to your left with a big smile, credit card in hand, they're going to ask you what ship you are on, IF you happen to be cruising on a Carnival Cruise Ship, lie😄 and tell them your cruising on either a Princess, Royal Caribbean or even Holland America if you have too, hand them your credit card when she hands you your receipt walk over to the elevator get in it and hit THE BEACH button, walk out and go have a great day! 

First thing's first, go back to the bar order a good bloody mary and get a tab started, yep break out that credit card again. 😁

You'll figure out the rest.

If you have 4-5 people in your group I would not only consider a day room, I would do a day room same price altogether you get a nice room for the day to keep your stuff and go and get out of the sun for a few it's nice, only way to go 4 or more. 

Have fun!!

4 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Yes, it is THE place to go, away from T’erds,

one of the best beach experiences in the Caribbean 

TTE’s Protocol 

Remember to follow the TTE copy/paste for the Marriott, here’s his advice

I've have never made reservations once on our visits to the Marriott, when are you going?? Between now and Christmas you won't need anything but a smile and a credit card for your $35.00(Please don't pay the booking fee.) day pass at the St. Kitts Marriott. 

It's this simple, when your taxi drops you off in front of the Marriott, you walk directly towards the concierge desk to your left with a big smile, credit card in hand, they're going to ask you what ship you are on, IF you happen to be cruising on a Carnival Cruise Ship, lie😄 and tell them your cruising on either a Princess, Royal Caribbean or even Holland America if you have too, hand them your credit card when she hands you your receipt walk over to the elevator get in it and hit THE BEACH button, walk out and go have a great day! 

First thing's first, go back to the bar order a good bloody mary and get a tab started, yep break out that credit card again. 😁

You'll figure out the rest.

If you have 4-5 people in your group I would not only consider a day room, I would do a day room same price altogether you get a nice room for the day to keep your stuff and go and get out of the sun for a few it's nice, only way to go 4 or more. 

Have fun!!

Disregarding all the TTE schtick that has been repeated in multiple threads for well over a year now, I just looked at very, very recent reviews (Trip*******) about the Marriott. It looks scary.

Edited by VegasVic14
update

5 hours ago, VegasVic14 said:

Disregarding all the TTE schtick that has been repeated in multiple threads for well over a year now, I just looked at very, very recent reviews (Trip*******) about the Marriott. It looks scary.

Agreed reviews can change, as our last visit to Saint Kitts was about four or five  years ago.

If Marriott is dismissed, then there is only one other place away from Saint Kitts’ T’erds, this being Sunshine’s.

Sunshine’s can be reviewed on a chosen adviser site to see if it meets one’s requirements prior to a visit.

On 7/25/2021 at 4:26 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Agreed reviews can change, as our last visit to Saint Kitts was about four or five  years ago.

If Marriott is dismissed, then there is only one other place away from Saint Kitts’ T’erds, this being Sunshine’s.

Sunshine’s can be reviewed on a chosen adviser site to see if it meets one’s requirements prior to a visit.

I've reviewed almost 2 dozen YouTube videos of visits to St. Kitts beaches and none of them show any evidence of T'erds. In this day & age of everything wild and crazy ending up in a video, nothing like it exists. Suggest you refrain from your repeated unproven negative commentary whenever someone looks for advice about their beaches.

4 hours ago, VegasVic14 said:

I've reviewed almost 2 dozen YouTube videos of visits to St. Kitts beaches and none of them show any evidence of T'erds. In this day & age of everything wild and crazy ending up in a video, nothing like it exists. Suggest you refrain from your repeated unproven negative commentary whenever someone looks for advice about their beaches.

Sorry, but one’s critiques are based on facts evidenced from personal experiences.  
One’s (a Bajan definition) T’erds is another’s acceptable conduct.  Carambola used to be a quiet and relaxed meeting place for genteel cruisers to visit, take lunch, drinks and spend a pleasant day there.  The genteel cruisers and locals now pass when “holiday” ships are in port.

One will not refrain from posting facts, as actually seen, just because a person having viewed random uploads, but not actually visited and watched the degradation over a period of years, requires one to cease.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of interest, one decided to view a random upload.  Clicked upon a baseball cap, T-shirt, sunglasses and fabric backpack (potential Heard beachware) person’s contribution.  

Carambola evidenced (empty, possibly out of season as no Herds):  Pedlos, kayaks, massage tents, thin mattress for beds, drinks in plastic/paper cups (sorry, no), no evidence of beach service, no evidence of cocktails at the bar (miss the large ED25 aperitif) no evidence of taking lunch.  But on leaving there was evidence of Towels.

The video enforced one’s decision to pass.

Towels

052D4A17-EA77-4612-A7B7-C000F3F296C6.png

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2021 at 8:45 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Out of interest, one decided to view a random upload.  Clicked upon a baseball cap, T-shirt, sunglasses and fabric backpack (potential Heard beachware) person’s contribution.  

Carambola evidenced (empty, possibly out of season as no Herds):  Pedlos, kayaks, massage tents, thin mattress for beds, drinks in plastic/paper cups (sorry, no), no evidence of beach service, no evidence of cocktails at the bar (miss the large ED25 aperitif) no evidence of taking lunch.  But on leaving there was evidence of Towels.

The video enforced one’s decision to pass.

Towels

052D4A17-EA77-4612-A7B7-C000F3F296C6.png

One random upload is purely anecdotal to support your agenda. Nice try.

1 hour ago, VegasVic14 said:

One random upload is purely anecdotal to support your agenda. Nice try.

Sorry, but one has no agenda, neither is one trying to insert one.

One found South Friars Bay, then the original Carambola, attractive places to visit.  The current Carambola is not a place one wishes to frequent, having ceased visiting over six years ago, with no wish to return.  
One and yourself are obviously total opposites in what we find desirable in a beach location, never will we agree, so let’s leave it there and move on, with one having no wish to continue this futile exchange.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, luv2gonow said:

Any recent experience ?

Carambola?  Sadly no.

However, think along the lines of a Leopard is unable to change it’s spots.  

Consider erring on the side of caution and trust @TTEllis, plus others, when it comes to the Marriott.  Do ignore those who are very picky and enjoy.

Posters are also discussing the Park as an option to Marriott.

• Thanks 1