Car Rental

Nymich

• 3 weeks later...

We were there several years ago with friends that had been to St Barth’s before. The rental cars right where we came off our ship had no availability. We asked at one of the shops and they directed us to the Thifty car rental that was run out of another shop near the Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant. While the husbands worked out the details, my girlfriend and I wandered through some of the stores. Once everything was set, they took us to the airport to pick up our BMW convertible (might as well do it right😉 when in St Barth’s). 

We drove from beach to beach, from bar to bar and had a lovely day including a fabulous lunch on the beach. We were told to have the car back before 6 pm since that’s when Thifty closed and we needed to catch a ride back to the port area.  We cut it almost too close for it took a long time to fill up the car. Luckily we made it and they took us back to the port area where we had another hour to shop before boarding. 

14 hours ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

We were there several years ago with friends that had been to St Barth’s before. The rental cars right where we came off our ship had no availability. We asked at one of the shops and they directed us to the Thifty car rental that was run out of another shop near the Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant. While the husbands worked out the details, my girlfriend and I wandered through some of the stores. Once everything was set, they took us to the airport to pick up our BMW convertible (might as well do it right😉 when in St Barth’s). 

We drove from beach to beach, from bar to bar and had a lovely day including a fabulous lunch on the beach. We were told to have the car back before 6 pm since that’s when Thifty closed and we needed to catch a ride back to the port area.  We cut it almost too close for it took a long time to fill up the car. Luckily we made it and they took us back to the port area where we had another hour to shop before boarding. 

Thanks for the feedback.  We leave at 4 pm so we do not have as much time as you did but we are still looking at whether to get the car ……..or not.  Might be worth it just to drive the whole island?

We stopped at maybe 4-5 beaches. The first one was my favorite and we stumbled upon a fabulous place for lunch right on the beach. Folks from our cruise had made reservations 2 months in advance for lunch and we just got lucky and got a table. Best day ever! 

After that we stopped at an overlook and two other beaches where where we had a cocktail. Last beach stop the husbands did a little swimming. 

If you got a car car right away you’d have plenty of time to drive and stop a few times. We would love to return to St Barth’s!

• Like 1