What currency would be best for extra tipping???

Going on the Ancient Affair in Dec where we will need 3 different currencies Euro 

Turkish lira and Israeli new shekel and on board the ship it will be GBP for any onboard spend, my question is. We like to tip on top for good service what would the best currency be do do this in? As before it was always just euros as we mainly cruise the med and dollars if in the Caribbean any advice would be most appreciated.

I base my tips on where I am and where the ship will go to next but only ever use major currencies like the pound , dollar or euro. We never tip in any of the more unusual currencies, even if we have some leftover.

If the ship is mainly in the euro zone then personally I would tip in euros. Even if you tip in pounds the staff can get these exchanged relatively easily as long as they are sterling notes.

Turkish stops happily accept Euros and Israel happily accept US Dollars we've never changed to local currency when visiting these countries Marella crew are happy with dollars or euros as during contracts they visit the areas where they can spend them The Philippinos like dollars but even sterling is welcome.

1 hour ago, Vitalsign said:

Turkish stops happily accept Euros and Israel happily accept US Dollars we've never changed to local currency when visiting these countries Marella crew are happy with dollars or euros as during contracts they visit the areas where they can spend them The Philippinos like dollars but even sterling is welcome.

Stirling in the new plastic notes is as good as anything,easy to change to euro if they want ,also good for taking home as its easy to change to any currency, one problem with dollars is if they take them home ,being paper notes they need to be in pristine condition or money changers wont take them , when i go back to philippines in january all my sterling will be in crisp £10 notes ,too much hassle in the past with paper £20 ,they look ,look and look again the slightest sign of damage no no ,will probably bring some home from crew who couldnt change them at home.

Currency in the area cruising is best given.  Our waiters last week had the misfortune to realise when they were on shore that they did not have enough euros for lunch, so had to abandon the idea and return to the ship.  They needed their Seamans Pass to exchange currency and it has to be requested as it is held by the ship when they board until their contract is finished and is only issued as required.  Suppose they could jump ship if they had access to it all the time!