Crown Princess to Skip Ponta Delgada (in the Azores), Oct. 1, 2019

geoherb

I'm on the Crown's transatlantic. The captain just confirmed that we'll be skipping our scheduled stop at Ponta Delgada due to Hurricane Lorenzo. We were supposed to be there on Tuesday, October 1. He said we should make it to Fort Lauderdale on schedule on October 8. We'll have eight fun days in a row at sea instead of six. We left Lisbon this afternoon shortly after the captain made his announcement. 

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I'm on the Crown's transatlantic. The captain just confirmed that we'll be skipping our scheduled stop at Ponta Delgada due to Hurricane Lorenzo. We were supposed to be there on Tuesday, October 1. He said we should make it to Fort Lauderdale on schedule on October 8. We'll have eight fun days in a row at sea instead of six. We left Lisbon this afternoon shortly after the captain made his announcement. 

Do you know whether you are going to go north of the storm or is he going to dip south underneath it and give you guys some better pool deck time?

Jim😎

On 9/29/2019 at 1:12 PM, geoherb said:

Sorry to hear you'll miss Ponta Delgada, one of my favorite ports.  Hurricane Lorenzo took a turn to the NE rather than the usual heading NW to the US.  Good for us, but maybe not Europe depending on its strength when it gets near there.  I think this is a fairly unusual course for a hurricane.