Cheapest way to order wine onboard?

mama_2_boys

13 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

Wine tastes the same regardless of the glass. 

That statement could not be more incorrect.  Obviously you have never tried a taste test between a typical glass and a varietal-specific, high quality glass.  I might have said something as ignorant as you just did before I tried it.  But about ten years ago, I did.  That's when I became aware that there is a world of difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

That statement could not be more incorrect.  Obviously you have never tried a taste test between a typical glass and a varietal-specific, high quality glass.  I might have said something as ignorant as you just did before I tried it.  But about ten years ago, I did.  That's when I became aware that there is a world of difference.

Actually I have taste tested in different wine glasses.  I have also blind tasted $300 bottles vs $6 bottles.   Reality is folks think the more expensive is better when it isn't.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

Actually I have taste tested in different wine glasses.  I have also blind tasted $300 bottles vs $6 bottles.   Reality is folks think the more expensive is better when it isn't.

Are you intentionally being obtuse?  I didn't say more expensive.  It's not about the price.:classic_rolleyes:  It's about the characteristics of the glass that allow the wine to aerate properly so that all the fragrances and flavours are able to "bloom" for lack of a better word (although I know what I like and can distinguish many nuances when it comes to wine, I won't pretend to know the "correct" wine tasting terminology).   Although a proper glass generally comes with a higher price tag then a crappy glass, it is NOT about price.  I drink some very nice $10 - $20 wines out of my good wine glasses.  I have, as well, had some just OK $50 - $100 wines.  But no matter the price of the wine, the good glass always improves its aroma/taste.  If even after your very impressive tasting experience you aren't aware of this, maybe you need to try the side-by-side glass taste test again.  Or maybe there is something very wrong with your palate?  Did you perhaps seriously injure your nose and/or mouth at some point in your life?😟

Edited by ShakyBeef
typo
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 9:14 AM, 2wheelin said:

Question for those who pour a glass in the cabin and take it to dinner (Or anywhere else). Does anyone take the empty glass back or do you just keep asking for more either at bars or from room steward?

When I get onboard the ship I stop at the bar and ask for 2 wine glasses.  My husband does not drink wine so both are for me.  I take a glass of wine to dinner in MDR.  When I finish dinner I take a clean wine glass from our table & leave my used one.  We always go back to the cabin before continuing on to our next adventure.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 7:58 PM, Butterbean1000 said:

It has been hit or miss for us.  Our first few cruises,  we did not pay a corkage fee.  But then they started charging every time.  We now just pour a glass in our room and take it to the MDR.

That is what we do too.  We usually bring the screw top wine as well to make it even easier.