NY Parking at pier coupon

MrMike45

That's one of the first post that we read of, about the lot being full (Pier 88 ??) and vehicles/drivers being turned away - and, not opening up Pier 90's rooftop lot for overflow.  Don't recall actually anyone else posting lately on the East Coast forum about it ??  

I make it a point to check the rooftop parking status each time we sailed out of MCT and Pier 90 was never full whereas Pier 88's parking level - sometimes being nearly full when it's time to sail.  Going to make a note to check that out next month ... nephew going on the Escape to Bermuda this Friday - taking the subway into the "city" as they are packing light for 5 nights, going to ask him to have a look (if he remembers).  

Anyway, folks ... slightly off-topic: take good care of the Gem in the Caribbean because we will be boarding her mid December on a Friday - and the Bliss will be alongside (going to assume that Pier 90 parking will be open for the Gem ... docked there instead, as Bliss will most definitely be at Pier 88 & parking on the roof)  BTW, I would appreciate a heads-up on who's who among the ship's senior officers - looks to be a huge turnout for the Dec 2nd M&G, have a great one !!  Regards. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I'm also on the 12/2 cruise. There should be plenty of parking at Pier 90 if Bliss passengers have filled the lot at 88. Actually parking at 90 would actually be more convenient upon our return on 12/13 because the Bliss will also be in port that day, which means the Gem will dock at 90.

I've been on Gem cruises scheduled to dock at 10 am and they are usually in earlier than that, but you can't predict how much earler.

Thanks for your reassuring reply! I think we're also on the same February 2021 cruise as well.

Kathy

32 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

That's one of the first post that we read of, about the lot being full (Pier 88 ??) and vehicles/drivers being turned away - and, not opening up Pier 90's rooftop lot for overflow.  Don't recall actually anyone else posting lately on the East Coast forum about it ??  

I make it a point to check the rooftop parking status each time we sailed out of MCT and Pier 90 was never full whereas Pier 88's parking level - sometimes being nearly full when it's time to sail.  Going to make a note to check that out next month ... nephew going on the Escape to Bermuda this Friday - taking the subway into the "city" as they are packing light for 5 nights, going to ask him to have a look (if he remembers).  

Anyway, folks ... slightly off-topic: take good care of the Gem in the Caribbean because we will be boarding her mid December on a Friday - and the Bliss will be alongside (going to assume that Pier 90 parking will be open for the Gem ... docked there instead, as Bliss will most definitely be at Pier 88 & parking on the roof)  BTW, I would appreciate a heads-up on who's who among the ship's senior officers - looks to be a huge turnout for the Dec 2nd M&G, have a great one !!  Regards. 

Hi Henry! It was great to meet you on the Escape last year, and I've been enjoying your helpful and informative posts ever since. I'll see what I can find out about the officers when I'm on board in a couple of weeks.

Kathy

44 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Maybe both 88 and 90 were full. I've seen that happen a couple of times in the peak summer to early autumn cruise season.

3 hours ago, Chrislynn55 said:

Hi Henry! It was great to meet you on the Escape  ...I'll see what I can find out about the officers when I'm on board in a couple of weeks.  Kathy

Hi, Kathy - I trust all is well & good.  Wasn't that fun on the Escape - TIA for finding out who's who, not a big deal since we will be boarding as you disembark - just give our Roll Call a heads up if there's anything we should know ahead of time, like $5 surcharged lobsters in the MDR (wishful dreaming only, of course ...) 

Best Regards !! 

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Maybe both 88 and 90 were full. I've seen that happen a couple of times in the peak summer to early autumn cruise season.

Thanks, you are probably right, it's been known as being possible but not that often ... for our mid December embark, Bliss is 99.5% certain to be using Pier 88 and reasonable to assume the Gem will get bumped to Pier 90 - rooftop parking should be open & thus plentiful space for everyone drivning in, coming back a day later than the Bliss.  Those on the Gem might end up diembarking on Pier 88 for a longer walk back to Pier 90 to get their parked vehicles (12/21.)  Don't like to issue a false alert about parking issues to those sailing out on the 13th, but on the other hand ...