NY Parking at pier coupon

MrMike45

I know I have come across them in the past on here, but doing a search came up empty.

Does anyone have a link or coupon for the parking lot at the NY Pier terminal?  Thinking we're going to drive and park for our upcoming cruise as opposed to Uber.

Thanks, Mike 

There is a place a few blocks away called Park Right.  I am not sure if they have discounts, but they are always at least 25% less than parking at the terminal.  

You can go online to reserve.  Drop bags and other passengers at the terminal, drive a few blocks, drop the car off.  You can take a cab back or walk the few blocks.

Upon return, you can take a cab, and they will even reimburse you up to $5 for the quick cab ride.

We used them a couple of times - it was easy and problem-free.  They have a couple of garages - just make sure you reserve at the right one :)

11 minutes ago, DinaS said:

There is a place a few blocks away called Park Right.  I am not sure if they have discounts, but they are always at least 25% less than parking at the terminal.  

You can go online to reserve.  Drop bags and other passengers at the terminal, drive a few blocks, drop the car off.  You can take a cab back or walk the few blocks.

Upon return, you can take a cab, and they will even reimburse you up to $5 for the quick cab ride.

We used them a couple of times - it was easy and problem-free.  They have a couple of garages - just make sure you reserve at the right one :)

Thanks.  I work in midtown, and there is a parking garage on every block...literally.  But with my wife and our 2 year old son as the passengers, and a lot of luggage for a 11 day cruise, wouldn't want to leave the alone while I go park and come back to meet up.  So will just suck it up and pay the $40 per day.  

I was actually shocked this past 9/1 when we left NYC on Escape just how much parking there was on those rooftop parking lots at the pier.   I mean LOTS.   But at $40 per day, I guess I know why now!

1 hour ago, F27TW said:

I was actually shocked this past 9/1 when we left NYC on Escape just how much parking there was on those rooftop parking lots at the pier.   I mean LOTS.   But at $40 per day, I guess I know why now!

theres something magical about having the porter bypass the customs line then take your stuff to your car 

its like haven continued on land

• Like 2

$40 a day, However, they cap it at 10 days. Last January we went on a 14 night cruise and it was $400. That's a lot of money, but the ease of parking a matter of feet away from the ship is awesome. No waiting for a train, plane, Uber etc. Nor worry if your suitcase is to heavy for the plane.

On 10/4/2019 at 3:44 PM, JamieLogical said:

I always park at Pier 83. It's still super close and it's a LOT cheaper.

Can you please elaborate Where you  park at Pier 83?

I checked various lots and most were same cost as parking right at the ships pier.

weve sailed from NYC i think 5x.  we always park at the pier.  its worth every penny for the convenience and the security - the lot is only open when ships are in port.  we drive down from Boston, so when you price out the acela or flights its pretty comparable and a lot less hassle.

Jamie, from what I can find, pier 83 is $30 to $35 a day and a $10.00 surcharge for oversize vehicles. Oversize in most NYC lots is just about any SUV from what I can find. Plus 83 is at 42nd and you will have to walk to 48th which isn't am long walk but can be a real pain depending on how much luggage you have. Also the lot isn't as secure as the MCT since it is open to everyone every day.  On our next 12 day cruise(we are both on the Bliss in Dec.) at $30 a day puts it at $360 and the MCT is $400.00, to me it doesn't seem to be worth it. 

1 hour ago, phillyguy31 said:

Jamie, from what I can find, pier 83 is $30 to $35 a day and a $10.00 surcharge for oversize vehicles. Oversize in most NYC lots is just about any SUV from what I can find. Plus 83 is at 42nd and you will have to walk to 48th which isn't am long walk but can be a real pain depending on how much luggage you have. Also the lot isn't as secure as the MCT since it is open to everyone every day.  On our next 12 day cruise(we are both on the Bliss in Dec.) at $30 a day puts it at $360 and the MCT is $400.00, to me it doesn't seem to be worth it. 

I have never been charged the $10 for an "oversized vehicle" in all of the times I have parked there and I drive a Jeep Cherokee. I have also only ever sailed out of NYC on 7-day sailings so far, so have just paid the weekly rate of $200. So, for me the savings has consistently been $80 per trip. Really up to the individual if that's worth it to them. We only ever take one carry-on sized roller bag and one backpack/shoulder bag per person and we are only 40 years old. So a few blocks' walk is easily worth saving $80 to spend on board. Now, if I had mobility issues or a lot of luggage for some reason, I might decide the extra $80 is worth it.

Also if the weather was going to be rainy/snowy, I might consider paying the extra....

Edited by JamieLogical

I wasn’t able to find that price, good to know. I still like the security of MCT, but as you said it is an individual decision. On a side note MCT might be cheaper on the Dec cruise, also we did the same cruise 2 years ago and it snowed all the way home.

The way we do it is to stay overnight at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park. You stay overnight there,park there, they take to and from the pier and it costs less than parking.

• 1 month later...

The terminal parking has been full recently.  They’ve had to turn some cars away.   We went out on the Dawn, left 10/19.   We arrived to the port around 10, the gate was up.   Initially we were told to park “down the street” at another garage.   Hubby dropped me off with the bags to check them in, he called me after about 20 minutes saying it would be a far walk, he was picking me back up and we’d figure out parking together.   We found a cop, they said to find a side street until noon, then come back, hopefully lot would be open.   We were third in line waiting when they opened up the gate.   They only let 11 cars in.   Others were out of luck, and had to find a garage to park at.   It’s been full a lot more recently than usual.   If you are planning on parking at the pier, have a backup plan in case the lot is full. 

12 hours ago, Iworktocruiseandtravel said:

The terminal parking has been full recently.  They’ve had to turn some cars away.   We went out on the Dawn, left 10/19.   We arrived to the port around 10, the gate was up.   Initially we were told to park “down the street” at another garage.   Hubby dropped me off with the bags to check them in, he called me after about 20 minutes saying it would be a far walk, he was picking me back up and we’d figure out parking together.   We found a cop, they said to find a side street until noon, then come back, hopefully lot would be open.   We were third in line waiting when they opened up the gate.   They only let 11 cars in.   Others were out of luck, and had to find a garage to park at.   It’s been full a lot more recently than usual.   If you are planning on parking at the pier, have a backup plan in case the lot is full. 

when was sailaway. its crazy that lot was full at 10, thats usually the time i arrive. i have no problem getting there early, esp. since my sailaway is 3pm.  but last cruise i took out of manhattan it was not really all that full. times have changed. guess ill be there by 9

12 hours ago, Iworktocruiseandtravel said:

2 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

when was sailaway. its crazy that lot was full at 10, thats usually the time i arrive. i have no problem getting there early, esp. since my sailaway is 3pm.  but last cruise i took out of manhattan it was not really all that full. times have changed. guess ill be there by 9

The parking lots being full is usually only a problem in the peak summer to early fall cruising season when cruise lines such as Carnival and Disney use the cruise terminal in addition to NCL. From now thorough the spring you generally only have NCL sailing from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal and with the two lots on piers 88 and 90 there should be more than enough parking available. Also fewer people park at the terminal in cold weather.

10 hours ago, megansdad1 said:

I couldnt find any rates that I liked.  So i am doing a park and stay over the line in NJ.  Free shuttle and the room with the park and stay is just over $200

Can you share where the "stay over the line in NJ" is. Is it in a hotel?

52 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

The parking lots being full is usually only a problem in the peak summer to early fall cruising season when cruise lines such as Carnival and Disney use the cruise terminal in addition to NCL. From now thorough the spring you generally only have NCL sailing from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal and with the two lots on piers 88 and 90 there should be more than enough parking available. Also fewer people park at the terminal in cold weather.

This is good to hear! Although we've been out of MCT a good 15 times or so over the years, we've never had a problem getting a parking spot in the past. Our next cruise is December 2 on the Gem and I was a little worried that cars being turned away had become a routine occurrence these days. We're the only ship in port that day, but Bliss departs the day before so hopefully those pax won't take up all the parking spots!

On a side note....Gem is scheduled to arrive at 10 am. On all of our previous cruises on Gem her arrival time was no later than 8 am. Does anyone know if she actually does arrive in Manhattan at 10 these days or is it usually earlier?

Kathy

Edited by Chrislynn55

3 hours ago, Chrislynn55 said:

This is good to hear! Although we've been out of MCT a good 15 times or so over the years, we've never had a problem getting a parking spot in the past. Our next cruise is December 2 on the Gem and I was a little worried that cars being turned away had become a routine occurrence these days. We're the only ship in port that day, but Bliss departs the day before so hopefully those pax won't take up all the parking spots!

On a side note....Gem is scheduled to arrive at 10 am. On all of our previous cruises on Gem her arrival time was no later than 8 am. Does anyone know if she actually does arrive in Manhattan at 10 these days or is it usually earlier?

Kathy

I'm also on the 12/2 cruise. There should be plenty of parking at Pier 90 if Bliss passengers have filled the lot at 88. Actually parking at 90 would actually be more convenient upon our return on 12/13 because the Bliss will also be in port that day, which means the Gem will dock at 90.

I've been on Gem cruises scheduled to dock at 10 am and they are usually in earlier than that, but you can't predict how much earler.

• Like 1