Big day for the Breeze

milepig

The Breeze is now in Lisbon, the last port before the lengthening. When we talked to the crew in September they were all excited. Some are staying on for the trip to Sicily to help get her prepared, some are headed home today for about four months off, most are planning to return, including most likely the captain, some staff will stay with her during the lengthening. Afterwards some return early to get things finished and prepared, others return closer to the first trip - I believe from Barcelona on 2/20/20. Out crew in August/September was the best ever and I hope to see most of them in Alaska in June. 

I’d love to hear reports if anyone was on board. Anything special?  Was the last day “clean out the fridge” day for meals? Was the crew distracted? Or was it just all normal. 

Milepig, our first Windstar cruise is in October, 2020 on Legend, but we sailed on these ships often when they were owned by Seabourn.  We are quite excited about their refurbishment as they are some of the best looking ships at sea.  So, I cannot directly reply to your questions, but the idea of "clean out the fridge day" is really amusing to think about.  How the staff is reacting and what they plan to do when Breeze returns to service is certainly going to be critical to how things go after she comes out of dry dock.  Let's hope for the best.  

1 hour ago, Hanoverian said:

Milepig, our first Windstar cruise is in October, 2020 on Legend, but we sailed on these ships often when they were owned by Seabourn.  We are quite excited about their refurbishment as they are some of the best looking ships at sea.  So, I cannot directly reply to your questions, but the idea of "clean out the fridge day" is really amusing to think about.  How the staff is reacting and what they plan to do when Breeze returns to service is certainly going to be critical to how things go after she comes out of dry dock.  Let's hope for the best.  

I’m sure you’ll love Windstar. Think of them as family and relax. With WS there are no wrong answers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Just a note that I'll be in Palermo to cover the beginning of the lengthening process this week. Stay tuned! 

What?? Totally cool. I want to be you!  I noticed a few days ago that they must have turned of the - not sure what it’s called - transponder?,  since she’s disappeared from marine traffic. 

On 10/13/2019 at 1:18 PM, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Just a note that I'll be in Palermo to cover the beginning of the lengthening process this week. Stay tuned! 

Holly molly Chris!! I want that gig.  If you are only going for the Breeze, can I go for the Pride or Legend?

A really great set of articles and pictures, Chris.  Nice job by you and Cruise Critic.  These must really be exciting times for everyone at Windstar just as they are for all of us who love the Sisters.  John's excitement is obvious and it is refreshing to see a senior executive so openly and personally committed to such a major project.   

• Like 1