NCL Jewel Haven Dining

sr71_1

1st time NCL cruiser.  Booked on NCL Jewel from Seward to Vancouver - June 2020.   Have a Haven 2 bedroom suite.  Somehow I missed the detail that Jewel class ships do not have a private restaurant or private bar.    

- I've read somewhere that instead of a private restaurant, "Jewel" Haven guests have the option to eat breakfast and lunch in one of the restaurants not open to other ship guests.    Is this correct ?   

- Is the food served in the Haven restaurant or the Jewel alternative better in some way that other restaurants on the ship?

- for Dinner (in the absence of a private restaurant) does NCL offer anything special for Jewel class Haven guests?    

5 minutes ago, sr71_1 said:

1st time NCL cruiser.  Booked on NCL Jewel from Seward to Vancouver - June 2020.   Have a Haven 2 bedroom suite.  Somehow I missed the detail that Jewel class ships do not have a private restaurant or private bar.    

- I've read somewhere that instead of a private restaurant, "Jewel" Haven guests have the option to eat breakfast and lunch in one of the restaurants not open to other ship guests.    Is this correct ?   

- Is the food served in the Haven restaurant or the Jewel alternative better in some way that other restaurants on the ship?

- for Dinner (in the absence of a private restaurant) does NCL offer anything special for Jewel class Haven guests?    

Breakfast and lunch will either be in Moderno (usual) or Cagney's.....nothing I can recall for 'special' dinner.

As far as Haven Restaurant vs any of the speciality restaurants.....really subjective.......I tend to find the 'Haven' restaurants, on ships with one, good for a couple of dinners.....and the food is good....but the menu doesn't seem to change.

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, sr71_1 said:

Haven and  Suite guests have a private dining room for breakfast and lunch. The menus are similar to the Haven restaurants on big ships. There are no provisions for dinner. 

You can always have your butler serve you dinner in your stateroom. They can bring food from any restaurant. If the food comes from a specialty restaurant, you pay for the meal so you’re eating in the restaurant with either your dining credits or charged  to your onboard account.