FLL Hotel Recomendations

whitford

4 hours ago, summer slope said:

We always stay at the Hilton Marina.  Great views of the port, love seeing "my" ship coming back for me.

Another vote for the Hilton Marina.  There are restaurants on site with great food, pharmacy two blocks away, 5-minute $6 p/p shuttle ride to the cruise terminal, and huge discounts if booked through your airline.

• Like 2

I agree.

I think there are 6 other ships in port when my cruise leaves in Feb. A few months ago I discovered that most of my choices were fully booked. 

We also are sailing from Ft Lauderdale the end of January 2020. We are staying t the Best Western Cruise Port. Shuttles from airport and to cruise port. Free breakfast. Coming in two days early. Made reservations months ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They have wonderful beds at that Weston.  Last time we stayed there was a big group going on a HAL cruise.  got It on a Priceline bid.

ok if you just need a place to sleep prior to embarkation.  We had a car so it was fine.

• Like 1

I've stayed in many different Ft. Lauderdale properties over the years.  Rarely do I stay in the same place twice, but I've usually stuck with Hilton properties. For my January 2020 cruise, I'm currently booked into the Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port for my pre-cruise stay on January 1-2, and the Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airpot/South Cruise Port for my post-cruise stay on January 12-13. These two are close together and just south of the airport.  I've not stayed at either of these specific hotels, but I've been in many Garden Inns and Hampton Inns ... they're good hotels.

I keep checking prices and availability, and may change one or the other or both, but I always book something immediately after booking cruise to make sure I'm forced to take something I don't want or can't afford.

35 minutes ago, Himself said:

I usually like to be convenient to the Water Taxi and I like to be in Ft. Lauderdale.  .

If I were to stay for more than a day on either side of the cruise, I'd probably prefer to do the same.

Dec 3rd we'll be at the Hilton Marina that several others have mentioned. We also stayed there our last cruise out of FLL and liked it. On the return on the 22nd, we're trying the Hilton Garden Inn nearer the airport. 

Unless the price at the Doubletree on the beach (the only Hilton Resort property without a Resort Fee) keeps falling, then we may move over there. I'm checking prices twice a week and surprised to find it's down to be the same price as the Garden Inn, but haven't jumped because requires longer/more expensive transport. Checking has paid off, though. We canceled and rebooked the Hilton Marina for the $50 less than our original price. 

We've never stayed over on the return to port before. We always go straight to the airport from the ship. But the plane tickets are so expensive the Sunday before Christmas that even with hotel and dinner charges it was cheaper to spend the night and fly Monday!

On 10/4/2019 at 6:32 PM, whitford said:

Still looking for a 2 night Hotel the middle of January 2020. Close to port and shopping. Restaurants near a plus. Not interested in lux room/price, clean a must. What are your recommendations and what are your rejects?

Here are my notes from my pre cruise in Jan.. it’s a very well kept spiffy motel. I have no idea who runs it, but it was in a v convenient location..breakfast in nearby place about a half block away.please don’t tell anybody.

CHECK-IN.     17.  JAN 2019

OASIS HÔTEL booking.com.  

1200 Miami Road.    Fort Lauderdale. FL 33316.  

Tel 954. 523-3043 neat and clean nice garden absent owner, minimal office service, drug store across st. Italianrestaurant. Nail salon Starbucks

Took Uber XL to port $15.00