Quick Embarkation Question - Breeze Port Canaveral...

fuzzychop1

For the past several cruised we have either had Premier boarding or FTTF. This trip we do not have either. We have an arrival appointment from 12 to 1230 (boarding zone B02). The hotel we are staying at has an "early to the ship" shuttle from Orlando to the port. My questions is if we are there early can we try to board before our appointed time? For some reason I remember there being an early or late line. Please and thank you!!!

Just now, fuzzychop1 said:

For the past several cruised we have either had Premier boarding or FTTF. This trip we do not have either. We have an arrival appointment from 12 to 1230 (boarding zone B02). The hotel we are staying at has an "early to the ship" shuttle from Orlando to the port. My questions is if we are there early can we try to board before our appointed time? For some reason I remember there being an early or late line. Please and thank you!!!

You will have to join the early/late line which could take hours, or could take minutes.

5 hours ago, fuzzychop1 said:

Yep... always hurry up and wait!

Before if you had a late check-in time and went to the early/late line at 10 am there may not be anyone in the line so you received a early boarding zone.  Now with them assigning the boarding zone in advance you have to wait until your zone is called no matter what time you enter the terminal.  It will be interesting to see if assigning the boarding zone in advance will deter people from coming early.

If you arrive during your appointment time, you will probably be able to walk right through check-in and then immediately board the ship.  Since boarding zones are now assigned during online check-in, you will have to wait for your zone to be called if you arrive early and will need to go through the early/late line.

I cruised on the Breeze out of Port Canaveral in early September.  My appointment time was 11:30 to 12:00 and I had boarding zone A1.  I arrived at 10:45 am and had to go through the early/late line.  I guess that was the golden time to arrive because there were only a couple of people in line and I was inside the terminal in no time.  The entire A section looked full, so I think if I had arrived earlier, I would have had a long wait.  They called group A1 to board at 11:05, so I was actually on the ship before my appointment time.

Edited by TNcruising02

I just sailed on the Breeze on Sept 14th and I didn't receive a boarding zone when checking in online.  I'm platinum and chose the earliest check in time 12:00 - 12:30, but nothing about a particular boarding zone.  Is getting a zone in advance a new thing at all ports?

BTW, there were so many Platinum passengers that we had to board in two different groups.

Just now, sc4125 said:

I just sailed on the Breeze on Sept 14th and I didn't receive a boarding zone when checking in online.  I'm platinum and chose the earliest check in time 12:00 - 12:30, but nothing about a particular boarding zone.  Is getting a zone in advance a new thing at all ports?

BTW, there were so many Platinum passengers that we had to board in two different groups.

It's fairly new to me.  On my last two cruises I have had a boarding zone assigned during my on-line check in.  I don't know if it's because of the specific ports or if they are doing that at all of the ports now.  This was at Port Canaveral and FLL.

20 minutes ago, sc4125 said:

My guess, and that’s all it is at this point, is you didn’t get a boarding zone because you can check-in (and eventually board) any time you want. My wife and I are Platinum and on our last few cruises the boarding zone area on the boarding pass has been blank. However, I don’t know if other passengers were assigned boarding zones on their boarding pass for these cruises. 

On 10/4/2019 at 7:08 PM, sc4125 said:

Priority Boarding (Diamond, Platinum and Suites) do not receive a zone number because they are Priority.