A couple quick New England fall cruise questions...

beltane

Hello... Hubs and I just recently signed on for a fall New England cruise on the Regal this month. I have a couple of questions (unfortunately there are no members in the roll call for that cruise) ...we have never cruised in cooler weather, only Caribbean. Will the interior of the ship be warm at night? I'm wondering for my evening outfits if I could still wear short sleeves or if I should plan warm evening attire. Will ladies still be wearing strappy kinds of club dresses and sandals at night? Plus, I assume they offer more blankets on the bed, correct? Thanks for your help...

You may get as many blankets as you want from the Steward. 

We have do the Canada cruises multiple times and have not felt uncomfortable inside the ship.  There may be times that cooler air infiltrates through open doors to the outside, especially on Lido deck. It is best to have a long sleeve cover up there. I know nothing about strappy club dresses.

Enjoy the cruise it is one of our favorites at this time of year.

Inside, the ship will be warm.  Evening attire will look pretty much the same as any other cruise, but you won't see tropical clothes.  Most people wear jeans/sweaters during the days.

Just ask your cabin steward for an extra blanket.

Edited by mek

y

Your cabin will be what ever temp you want - ask your room attendant if it is too cool for you to adjust the room temp up.

You will need a fall, hooded waterproof jacket - you may get morning fog/light rain - warming up to just a sweater in the afternoons in some ports - others you will need both sweater and jacket all day long outside.

Hopefully you are on a ship with a closed pool deck so you can swim all week if you want.

Dinner will be cocktail dresses - as said, it can be cool if you are walking past a door to the outside that someone has opened - so move along to a warmer area - I usually take a wrap and I am fine in a sleeveless cocktail dress.

Daywear on the ship will be light sweaters, mostly pants - remember to layer - if you sit at breakfast/lunch it may be hot because of the number of people, same as in a warm climate.

Remember to pack layers and include a rain jacket. We live in the northeast. Yesterday morning the temperature was in the 30's with mid afternoon in the 60's. This is normal. Also remember to pack socks, long slacks, and long sleeve tops. 

We always pack a sweater or hoodie sweatshirt for use both on board and as necessary outside. Some venues such as the theater can be chilly.

If you like MUTS it will be cool. Cabin temps. are comfortable. Unlikely you will require additional blankets. Every cabin has a thermostat  where you have some control over cabin comfort.

Edited by skynight

Took this  cruise 9/21 and we were really lucky to have good weather.  Boston was forecasted to be rainy (ship's forecast, not the one we saw before leaving).  It was 88 degrees.  We packed 1/2 shorts and  1/2 long pants and used all the shorts and most of the pants.  I did have sweaters and a jacket and on several excursions we needed jackets.  I run cold so I used sweaters at night and was comfy.  We saw a combo of clothing but even on formal nights, lots of sleeveless dresses/tops.  I would advise you to pack and wear layers so you are prepared for the weather - including rain gear of some sort.  The ship will be at a comfortable temp, but that might be chilly/warm for you.  We did not see many people in the pool, though some early birds used the hot tubs.