Seaside Documentation- Two Forms?

jkburns

Greetings. I see as I complete my online check-in for an upcoming sailing on the Seaside that MSC requires BOTH a government issued ID AND a certified copy of a Birth Certificate. 

That seems different from all other cruises I've been on. Would a US Passport not be enough?

Thanks for your helpful replies about this.

Kevin

From the MSC web site:

For US Citizens Only: For roundtrip Caribbean cruises that depart & end at same United States port, US Guests can choose to use their passport or a government issued photo ID and certified birth certificate. If you choose to use your government issued photo ID and certified birth certificate, you must insert one of those document numbers below. If Birth Certificate doesn't have a number, enter all zeroes below. If using Birth Certificate, enter any expiration date. 
 NOTE: IT IS MANDATORY TO BRING BOTH YOUR GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID AND CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE IN ORDER TO BOARD THE SHIP, OR YOU WILL BE DENIED BOARDING. 

I agree that it is confusing.  It seems to be set up assuming you will not have a passport; I had to search for that option.  Once I got that filled in, I was able to skip over the other ID section.

Now if I may add to the question, I'm wondering if completing this plus emergency contact is all we need to fill in.  Mine did not go on to credit card info, travel arrangements, or other sections, as other cruiselines have done.

16 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I agree that it is confusing.  It seems to be set up assuming you will not have a passport; I had to search for that option.  Once I got that filled in, I was able to skip over the other ID section.

Now if I may add to the question, I'm wondering if completing this plus emergency contact is all we need to fill in.  Mine did not go on to credit card info, travel arrangements, or other sections, as other cruiselines have done.

They collect your credit card info once you get on board. You go to a kiosk and insert your credit card to link to your shipboard account. You can do this anytime in the first 48 hours of the cruise. 

And you're right, MSC doesn't care what flight we're all coming in on!