Verifying Special Requests

pthjudy

I’ve been trying to see if there is any way to verify on the website if a special request I had my travel agent make has in fact been done. I had her request distilled water and an extension cord for my husband’s CPAP machine. Once I log into my cruise, where should that information be? Also, where would OBC be listed? I seem to be missing lots of information which should be there somewhere. 

Special requests won't show up on the website. 

OBC from the travel agent also does not show up on the website.

Try calling C&A if you are a member, they might read you any special requests.

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Special requests won't show up on the website. 

OBC from the travel agent also does not show up on the website.

Try calling C&A if you are a member, they might read you any special requests.

Thank you. I’ll do that. 

And even if the special request was made, it might not get passed along to the ship or your room steward.  In that case, simply asking the room steward (or leaving a note on the bed if you don't see him/her) will result in distilled water and an extension cord being supplied when the evening service is completed.  

In other words, CPAPs are common, they always have distilled water and extension cords available on board -- you just have to ask.

15 hours ago, pthjudy said:

I’ve been trying to see if there is any way to verify on the website if a special request I had my travel agent make has in fact been done. I had her request distilled water and an extension cord for my husband’s CPAP machine. Once I log into my cruise, where should that information be? Also, where would OBC be listed? I seem to be missing lots of information which should be there somewhere. 

they don't show anywhere, and any OBC does not appear until Day 2 of the cruise.( but you can use it immediately) 

that being said:    getting the distilled water and extension cord is a common request and even if not is not in the room at boarding  when you see your cabin steward( or leave a Note) it will be there at turndown.

for5 extra insurance, if you have access to   a Concierge, you can  email them about a week before and make the request as well

30 minutes ago, spookwife said:

they don't show anywhere, and any OBC does not appear until Day 2 of the cruise.( but you can use it immediately) 

that being said:    getting the distilled water and extension cord is a common request and even if not is not in the room at boarding  when you see your cabin steward( or leave a Note) it will be there at turndown.

for5 extra insurance, if you have access to   a Concierge, you can  email them about a week before and make the request as well

Thank you all. I’ll trust that there will not be a problem with CPAP supplies. 

1 minute ago, pthjudy said:

Thank you all. I’ll trust that there will not be a problem with CPAP supplies. 

We’ve never had them waiting, but letting the steward know will have them in place before you go to bed. 

It’s like the bed configuration, together it separate. In our experience, the steward never gets that info, but it’s also correct by bedtime. 

Using regular water for a couple of weeks, if necessary, would not harm the CPAP, by the way. For instance, a hotel probably wouldn’t have distilled water for you. 

10 hours ago, LESLIEKURZ said:

In 2018, couple we were traveling with on the Anthem emailed special_needs@rccl.com and were able to prearrange for the water.  That's also the email I send my food allergy info to.  They have a form to fill out as well.  It can be found at: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

I submitted the form for CPAP supplies a couple of weeks ago and within a week I received a confirmation email the supplies would be in the cabin. Plus advice to carry on only the CPAP machine.  Which we always do. 

13 hours ago, LGD said:

I submitted the form for CPAP supplies a couple of weeks ago and within a week I received a confirmation email the supplies would be in the cabin. Plus advice to carry on only the CPAP machine.  Which we always do. 

I always get a confirmation, but nobody tells our steward until I do.