Info request

JGB

If I purchase say $500 worth of cruise cash well before the sailing date, do I then need to post a credit/debit card or additional cash to open my cruise account?

thanks for any info 

john

I don't believe you do, because in all likelihood, they already have a card on file for you. Before our cruise we purchased a shore excursion, and prepaid our gratuities. On embarkation day I went to Guest Services to put my 2  $100 Carnival gift cards on my S&S account. I asked the G.S. lady if she needed my credit card to put additional money's on my account and she said no, because they already have it. That it would not even be used if we kept our spending under our S&S balance, which we did. And our credit card was not used at all.

@Joe817, you must have provided a card number during your online check in.

@JGB, no, you are not required to provide any additional security for your S&S account.  They will probably direct you to the desk where cash is added when you check in at the port.  Just let them know that you have sufficient Cruise Cash and that if you need to add anything else, you will do so on board.  That's what I did on my last cruise.

1 hour ago, Schoifmom said:

@Joe817, you must have provided a card number during your online check in.

That's quite possible. I honestly do not remember. 

@JGB, no, you are not required to provide any additional security for your S&S account.  They will probably direct you to the desk where cash is added when you check in at the port.  Just let them know that you have sufficient Cruise Cash and that if you need to add anything else, you will do so on board.  That's what I did on my last cruise.

On 10/14/2019 at 12:05 PM, mom2tcdx2 said:

You just have to watch as the cruise cash isn't always posted right away.  I had some sailings reject my purchases because I had no card on file, even though I had plenty of OBC to cover what my spending would have been.  

I think OBC tends to post the 2nd day of the cruise. Cruise cash posts immediately.