COOKIE

Lady Garrett

This is not a new topic. I just want to write about what I was feeling. I just came off the Carnival Horizon Oct 5-13. There were many things that took place during this time. First I miss my flight with Southwest and had to find another flight. AA wanted to charge us 1300 for 2 people one way that is not including baggage. WE found a nonstop flight with Delta that would get us there in time to get on the boat. Thanks Delta. We finally get to the boat at 1:55 to find out that the people that normally take our luggage doesn't take luggage after 2.. So my husband and I had to  carry our own luggage through security. I put my back pack on the conveyor belt and left it when I walked off. As I was going to get on the escalator my luggage was too heavy for me and my luggage tumble to the ground, my shoe went the other way. Security came to help. When I reach the top of the escalator I realize my back pack was left and my hubby realize that he had lost the slip that security gave him. I went back to get my back pack to find that the security officer had my back pack in the lost and found but then he tried to come on to me. I

retrieve my back  pack from him. I left to join the Mr then he had to go back to get the slip that he lost so we could continue through security. Once we get to the next security he lost the slip again after searching he found the slip stuck to the back of his cell phone. After this I told my husband lets go back in prayer again so we prayed. After all this we were glad to be on the Carnival Horizon. While on the ship for the week a lot of unfortunately things took place. MY husband met a couple on the 11 deck and later we found out that her husband was taken off the ship because he had died. Also a fight broke out that included about 25 people and they were put off the ship in Curaco. I didn't see the fight. But I did see a little boy got burn with hot chocolate and on the first floor I witness two young boys in handcuff laying face down on the floor screaming "I am going to sue yall."  I met a mother that daughter left her medication and she share with me that her daughter had to pay the doctor 100 to see him and pay 100 for the shot that she needed every day. I shared all of this to say After all I been through I still have my joy!!! And after all the mistake mishap having COOKIE as our cruise director made it all right. COOKIE you were AMAZING. MY cruise would not have been a success if it weren't for you, not only are you amazing you are AWESOME. Carnival should allow you to TRAIN ALL the cruise director on all the Carnival fleet except for MATT. YOU & MATT is a force to be reckon with. Canival please pay attention to your Customer. WE Need people like Cookie & Matt that are gifted for this job as a CD. . Who wants a boring CD. NOT me. I will go on a cruise just because MAtt & Cookie is there please take heave. Someone please show this to Cookie & Matt. I want them to know how VAUABLE they are. From Lady Garrett, North Carolina.

15 minutes ago, Lady Garrett said:

Someone please show this to Cookie & Matt. I want them to know how VAUABLE they are.

Its a 99% chance Cookie & or Matt will most likely not see your 1st Cruise Critic post here. Look in your email, you'll find a (Post Cruise Survey) there. Fill it out & share your thoughts with Carnival via the post cruise survey.

Additionally, you can let Carnival know how you feel located @:

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/contact-us.aspx

☺️

Edited by ObstructedView2

This is not a new topic. I just want to write about what I was feeling. I just came off the Carnival Horizon Oct 5-13. There were many things that took place during this time. First I miss my flight with Southwest and had to find another flight. AA wanted to charge us 1300 for 2 people one way that is not including baggage. WE found a nonstop flight with Delta that would get us there in time to get on the boat. Thanks Delta. We finally get to the boat at 1:55 to find out that the people that normally take our luggage doesn't take luggage after 2.. So my husband and I had to  carry our own luggage through security. I put my back pack on the conveyor belt and left it when I walked off. As I was going to get on the escalator my luggage was too heavy for me and my luggage tumble to the ground, my shoe went the other way. Security came to help. When I reach the top of the escalator I realize my back pack was left and my hubby realize that he had lost the slip that security gave him. I went back to get my back pack to find that the security officer had my back pack in the lost and found but then he tried to come on to me. I

retrieve my back  pack from him. I left to join the Mr then he had to go back to get the slip that he lost so we could continue through security. Once we get to the next security he lost the slip again after searching he found the slip stuck to the back of his cell phone. After this I told my husband lets go back in prayer again so we prayed. After all this we were glad to be on the Carnival Horizon. While on the ship for the week a lot of unfortunately things took place. MY husband met a couple on the 11 deck and later we found out that her husband was taken off the ship because he had died. Also a fight broke out that included about 25 people and they were put off the ship in Curaco. I didn't see the fight. But I did see a little boy got burn with hot chocolate and on the first floor I witness two young boys in handcuff laying face down on the floor screaming "I am going to sue yall."  I met a mother that daughter left her medication and she share with me that her daughter had to pay the doctor 100 to see him and pay 100 for the shot that she needed every day. I shared all of this to say After all I been through I still have my joy!!! And after all the mistake mishap having COOKIE as our cruise director made it all right. COOKIE you were AMAZING. MY cruise would not have been a success if it weren't for you, not only are you amazing you are AWESOME. Carnival should allow you to TRAIN ALL the cruise director on all the Carnival fleet except for MATT. YOU & MATT is a force to be reckon with. Canival please pay attention to your Customer. WE Need people like Cookie & Matt that are gifted for this job as a CD. . Who wants a boring CD. NOT me. I will go on a cruise just because MAtt & Cookie is there please take heave. Someone please show this to Cookie & Matt. I want them to know how VAUABLE they are. From Lady Garrett, North Carolina.

Lady Garrett, first---sorry for the problems (but a bad day on a cruise ship is still better than a good day at work!). I am curious about Matt and Cookie. When we sailed on the Vista transatlantic we had a CD named Matt and his assistant named Cookie, we spoke with Cookie many times and told him that we and many others were recommending to Carnival that he become a CD. Could you let me know if these pictures are of the Matt and Cookie you mentioned? They were doing a morning show with John Heald. Thank you.

IMG0199.jpg

IMG0201.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

That’s a very interesting story ......I would  try To be more organized on your next trip.

Definitely. Be sure to get to the airport early and also get to the port city the day before your cruise. 

But I agree, Cookie is amazing. He was actually trained by Ben Lambert. Ben trains a lot of the cruise directors from what I've heard. 

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:12 PM, chocolate melting cake said:

Lady Garrett, first---sorry for the problems (but a bad day on a cruise ship is still better than a good day at work!). I am curious about Matt and Cookie. When we sailed on the Vista transatlantic we had a CD named Matt and his assistant named Cookie, we spoke with Cookie many times and told him that we and many others were recommending to Carnival that he become a CD. Could you let me know if these pictures are of the Matt and Cookie you mentioned? They were doing a morning show with John Heald. Thank you.

IMG0199.jpg

IMG0201.jpg

Yes it is them.

On 10/17/2019 at 1:41 PM, teknoge3k said:

Definitely. Be sure to get to the airport early and also get to the port city the day before your cruise. 

But I agree, Cookie is amazing. He was actually trained by Ben Lambert. Ben trains a lot of the cruise directors from what I've heard. 

Ben Lambert is awesome. He is right up there with Mikey Gibson at the top of my list of best Carnival CDs. 

• Like 1

We were on the Horizon in September and I thoroughly enjoyed Cookie!  He's so funny and makes the mundane messages, not mundane.  Gerry was also a lot of fun.

I did feel for Cookie during the Newlywed Game.  The young couple kind of gave us a jaw dropping moment:

"If you had a parrot in the bedroom, what would he say the most?"  Choke me......

There was this moment of complete silence.  Like we were ALL sitting there going: "Did they just say what I think they said?"

However Cookie recovered.  Got it back on track.  And I'm pretty sure he was giving them covert side eye for the rest of the game...  

15 hours ago, fabuloso said:

We were on the Horizon in September and I thoroughly enjoyed Cookie!  He's so funny and makes the mundane messages, not mundane.  Gerry was also a lot of fun.

I did feel for Cookie during the Newlywed Game.  The young couple kind of gave us a jaw dropping moment:

"If you had a parrot in the bedroom, what would he say the most?"  Choke me......

There was this moment of complete silence.  Like we were ALL sitting there going: "Did they just say what I think they said?"

However Cookie recovered.  Got it back on track.  And I'm pretty sure he was giving them covert side eye for the rest of the game...  

A lot of people are into those kinds of stuff

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 7:26 AM, ObstructedView2 said:

Look in your email, you'll find a (Post Cruise Survey) there. Fill it out & share your thoughts with Carnival via the post cruise survey.

Hi, do you have any idea when one would expect to receive the post cruise survey? I sailed on Sept 29th. I've never received anything from Carnival and I've checked my spam. I thought I'd get a survey and maybe an email with future cruise offers but I've not seen anything.