Any perks on Empress of the Seas

normannna

Hi

We're thinking of doing a 7 night Empress cruise next year and have read that there are no Diamond or Concierge lounges on the ship.  I know we'll get our 3 drink coupons as D+members, however will miss my free cappuccinos in the lounge and the continental breakfast somewhere quiet.  Does RCI give any additional extras to make up for the lack of lounge etc? 

No extras are provided given there is no DL.  Here is the verbiage you'll find in a letter on board:

1646952585_Empressnolounge.thumb.jpeg.de5bad348067c727ff4768af0c2cd559.jpeg

I've written C&A who owns this situation and suggested they extend a free daily coffee from the cafe on board but I don't think they've embraced my suggestion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Breakfast in Chops from 7:30 until 9:00 for D+ and above and Suite Guests. We disembarked this morning and they had breakfast starting at 7:00 until 8:30. 

There was a full blown Top Tier event with Captain Shawn at the helm and JD as the Hotel Director. The Loyalty Ambassador was highly visible and accommodating during our cruise! 

7 hours ago, Scotty G said:

Breakfast in Chops from 7:30 until 9:00 for D+ and above and Suite Guests. We disembarked this morning and they had breakfast starting at 7:00 until 8:30. 

There was a full blown Top Tier event with Captain Shawn at the helm and JD as the Hotel Director. The Loyalty Ambassador was highly visible and accommodating during our cruise! 

Do you know how long  JD will be on the Empress right now?

I was honored to recently be on the Empress as a crew member - the perk you will have on this ship is the same every guest has....the friendliest most pro-active crew you have ever had on Royal Caribbean.

It is a small ship, an old ship...no bells and whistles, some rusty spots, actual wooden decks, smaller rooms, and yes...every now and again a very odd odor from the plumbing. If you are seeking thrills, sky diving, water slides and 20+ restaurants, the Empress is not the ship for you. If you want personalized attention, no waiting in lines, awesome shows, not fighting 6000+ plus fellow guests for dinner reservations, and an absolutely personal touch from the ship master down to the crew in the laundry...the Empress is a ship like no other. 

I agree that having limited Crown and Anchor perks is a bummer, but for everything else that you do get on this lovely little gem of a ship, I think you will find it worth it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1