Insignia wine by the glass with upgraded bev. package

martini cruiser

Is there a wine list somewhere that would show what kind of wines by the glass you can get with the upgraded beverage package on the Insignia. I am sailing next week and need to decide if I need to bring wine on board and pay the corkage fee, or just go with the upgraded wine by the glass. I will be traveling solo.

Martini Cruiser

4 minutes ago, martini cruiser said:

Is there a wine list somewhere that would show what kind of wines by the glass you can get with the upgraded beverage package on the Insignia. I am sailing next week and need to decide if I need to bring wine on board and pay the corkage fee, or just go with the upgraded wine by the glass. I will be traveling solo.

Martini Cruiser

The "by the glass" wine list is exactly the same whether you have the "basic" (e.g., O Life perk) OR the upgraded "prestige" package OR you just buy a glass. 

There's about 12-15 choices - not a one of which is anything to write home about (except when they have the Mirabelle sparkler which runs out often. Any real value of the Prestige package (at $60/person/day, which includes tips) is based on drinking 3-4 doubles with high end spirits/day.

Whether we buy the Prestige package or not, we still bring our own wine - usually 6-12 High End bottles retailing for at least $35-80 each - as a starting stock (replenished as needed along the way). After all, even if the ship had the wines we want, that $50 retail bottle might cost you $150-190 onboard (plus 18% tip) as opposed to $50 plus $25 corkage (which includes tip). 

Flying to embarkation? On your next winery visit, get some collapsible cardboard carriers (2, 3, 4, 6 bottles) and pack them in your luggage for use when you buy wine at your port of embarkation. 

And yes, regardless of the CYA Oceania published policy, you can bring as much spirits (in cabin use only) and wine ( also okay for dining venues at $25 corkage) as you want.

Just PLEASE don't abuse the policy by sneaking drinks/wine from cabin to pilublic spaces.

IMG_1175.JPG