Photos

anniedave

As first time cruisers ( sailing the Carribean - Reflection -  for the first time in January) we are hoping to make lots of memories and would like to preserve them in pictures.

I'm hoping all you knowledgable people can help with a few questions. 

With regard to photo packages - how much are photos to buy individually? Do they have discounts onboard? I'm not sure whether to go for the actual photos or digital and whether to buy in advance on wait until onboard. Looking on my cruise planner it doesnt seem like you can buy a package that includes both digital and actual photos- seems to be one or other?

We have a mixture of Celebrity and privately booked excursions. I know each excursion is different but in general when you go on an organised excursion do the guides take pics of you and then ask if you want to purchase? ie - we are swimming with stingrays - will they take pics of us there?

We also want to record our adventures ourselves and are hoping to purchase a new camera in black Friday or Jan sales. We dont want to spend loads but want something that can be used underwater and will take a decent photo without too much effort of changing settings etc. Any recommendations?

Thanks is advance for any help and advice.

2 hours ago, anniedave said:

We also want to record our adventures ourselves and are hoping to purchase a new camera in black Friday or Jan sales. We dont want to spend loads but want something that can be used underwater and will take a decent photo without too much effort of changing settings etc. Any recommendations?

Just a suggestion:  you may want to post this question on the Photo & Camera forum.  Here is a link to it: 

Photo & Camera Discussions - Cruise Critic Community

By the way, it has been our experience that many guides on excursions will even take pictures of you with your own camera.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and find out that you enjoy cruises as much as we do.

Edited by fleckle

5 hours ago, anniedave said:

Besides the excellent advice given above to post your camera question in the Photo forum, here’s one other tip: if you intend to bring a new camera on a trip, it’s a good idea to get it early enough that you have time to familiarize yourself with it and practice with it before the trip. 

Enjoy your cruise! 

18 hours ago, anniedave said:

As first time cruisers ( sailing the Carribean - Reflection -  for the first time in January) we are hoping to make lots of memories and would like to preserve them in pictures.

I'm hoping all you knowledgable people can help with a few questions. 

With regard to photo packages - how much are photos to buy individually? Do they have discounts onboard? I'm not sure whether to go for the actual photos or digital and whether to buy in advance on wait until onboard. Looking on my cruise planner it doesnt seem like you can buy a package that includes both digital and actual photos- seems to be one or other?

We have a mixture of Celebrity and privately booked excursions. I know each excursion is different but in general when you go on an organised excursion do the guides take pics of you and then ask if you want to purchase? ie - we are swimming with stingrays - will they take pics of us there?

Are you sailing in Grand Caymen?

Then yes I would expect the guides to take your picture and sell them to you.

Good underwater cameras are pricey.  I would try to rent one.