Key West

dippydoo

On 10/20/2019 at 1:44 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I would much rather just walk off the ship. I have less than zero desire to tour a military base (which is hardly what I would call an “attractive neighborhood” based on the ones I’ve been forced to see.)

I used to feel that way until we docked at the Navy Mole pier in January on Edge. The shuttle was efficient - as noted, right from the foot of the gangway into the heart of town. Return shuttle like clockwork. Preferred it to the previous Key West cruise we were on, with a fairly long, hot walk with no shade from the ship to get into the same area.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 1:44 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I would much rather just walk off the ship. I have less than zero desire to tour a military base (which is hardly what I would call an “attractive neighborhood” based on the ones I’ve been forced to see.)

Relax; you don't really go through much of a base, and it's a short ride.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:10 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

So yeah, I’m a little bummed. Will I get over it? Yes. It is a bump in planning but the cruise will still be great I am sure. (I have seen people on here fuss about things I consider far more minor too - it is all in perspective and stuff.)

Really, it's so short I'd hardly consider it a bump in planning. 

IMHO the shuttle into town is so much of a minor inconvenience it is hardly worth mentioning, and certainly nothing to get concerned about.  It runs regularly, it is a short and pleasant ride, and it is easy to use for the return.  I also prefer to walk off, but this is such a minor thing it is hardly worth mentioning, let alone thinking about for any length of time.  My opinion - from someone who has done both walk-off and shuttle.