$50.00 Excursion Credit

babba

Good Morning ... This question s twofold ...

1. I will be taking excursions solo ... do I still received the $50.00 credit or is it cut to $25.00 per person per port ?

2. I am also platinum plus ... Is this discount negated or is there such thing as a "double discount" ?

Thanks in advance ...

There have been so many questions asked over and over again across so many threads on the shorex promo credit that I started a "tips and instructions" thread, to which others have helpfully added:

As I noted, most questions are answered by reading the Terms & Conditions of the promo (linked in my thread above).  The $50 credit, as clearly stated in the T&C, is "per stateroom" [not per person].   

Latitudes discounts will also be applied when you have the shorex promo, but some folks have reported that when they have booked an excursion prior to the cruise by calling NCL (you don't pay in advance when you do it that way), their Latitudes discount was not automatically applied on board and they had to go to the Shorex Desk to have it applied.

Edited by Turtles06

1 hour ago, babba said:

Good Morning ... This question s twofold ...

1. I will be taking excursions solo ... do I still received the $50.00 credit or is it cut to $25.00 per person per port ?

2. I am also platinum plus ... Is this discount negated or is there such thing as a "double discount" ?

Thanks in advance ...

It’s $50 per cabin. And the latitude discount is taken off first, then the $50. 

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Latitudes discounts will also be applied when you have the shorex promo, but some folks have reported that when they have booked an excursion prior to the cruise by calling NCL (you don't pay in advance when you do it that way), their Latitudes discount was not automatically applied on board and they had to go to the Shorex Desk to have it applied.

True.  When I called to book my excursions, they told me the final price which included the Lattitudes discount plus the $50 credit.  When I got my final bill on my last cruise, the discount hadn't been applied.  Discount had been applied on previous cruises.

Note to self: ALWAYS get a printout of your charges a day or two before the end of your cruise because the people needed to fix billing issues aren't available if you are disembarking early.

3 hours ago, julig22 said:

Note to self: ALWAYS get a printout of your charges a day or two before the end of your cruise because the people needed to fix billing issues aren't available if you are disembarking early.

This is good advice regardless of the shorex charges; never wait till the very end of the cruise to look at your account.  🙂

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

We cruise several times a year. And our Platinum Plus discounts are NEVER applied correctly. We ALWAYS have to go to the ShoreEx desk to get them to add the discount. 

The total disconnect between the shoreside Shore Ex dept and the shipboard Shore Ex desk is amazing.  In the past month or so, I've called the latter twice to book some shorex for our January cruise on the Gem.   We have the $50 promo and a Platinum discount.  Each time, the rep on the phone has correctly calculated the amount that will be due on board (applying both the Latitudes discount and the $50 promo).  Each time, I've mentioned that numerous people here on CC have reported that the Latitudes discount never gets applied on board, requiring them to make a needless trip to the Shorex Desk.  Each time, the phone rep has told me that the total due is automatically transmitted to the ship and that the ship would have no way of charging a different amount.  😮

Well, I guess I'll see in January!  🤣

Edited by Turtles06