"Sideways" Cabins Crown

Jilliebean28

We have stayed in these sideway inside cabins on deck 14 on the Emerald a Princess, sister ship to the Crown. Loved them. No noise from the above pools. We are never in our cabin during the day. These cabins are very spacious and wouldn’t think twice about booking them. 

We have stayed in R507 and R515 on the Crown (the sideways cabins)  We absolutely love these cabins.  They are always our first pick and cry if they are already taken.  The rooms have 182 square feet vs 162 square feet per cabin.  The closets have doors on them.  We have never been bothered by noise from above.    Book one and enjoy.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/21/2019 at 4:06 PM, loonline said:

We have stayed in R507 and R515 on the Crown (the sideways cabins)  We absolutely love these cabins.  They are always our first pick and cry if they are already taken.  The rooms have 182 square feet vs 162 square feet per cabin.  The closets have doors on them.  We have never been bothered by noise from above.    Book one and enjoy.

Loonline...I know this is an old thread from Oct 2019 but hoping you can help.  Your message says you have stayed in R507 and R515 on the Crown.  We were in a sideways cabin on the Star In march 2019 and unfortunately there was a huge flat screen TV sitting on top of the desk/table area just in front of the dressing area.  Made that tabletop useless.  TV should  been up high above the little bar area.  

Where was the TV located in R507and R515?  Would you happen to have photos?  

Thank you 

Edited by Therese S.

When we cruised on the Crown it was a few years ago and the TV was up on the little bar area.  I'll look for pictures but I doubt I have any.  We have had a balcony the past few years so I don't know if they have changed all of the TV's on the ships.  We are scheduled in January in a sideways cabin on the SKY so I guess I find out if I've lost my tabletop.  Sure hope not!!!

1 hour ago, loonline said:

When we cruised on the Crown it was a few years ago and the TV was up on the little bar area.  I'll look for pictures but I doubt I have any.  We have had a balcony the past few years so I don't know if they have changed all of the TV's on the ships.  We are scheduled in January in a sideways cabin on the SKY so I guess I find out if I've lost my tabletop.  Sure hope not!!!

Thank you for the reply.  A sideways cabin became available today for my Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in March 2023.  Went ahead and grabbed it and moved our booking from an inside to slightly larger inside.  I really like this type of cabin and the larger "dressing area".  We also have this type of cabin for an upcoming cruise on the Ruby.  Guess I will find out then where the TV is placed.  Without the 2nd table area, there is no place to put your morning delivery of coffee.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Crown-Princess&deck=14

There are a few photos for the few sideways inside cabins on Crown.   

You can look at them a bit without a membership - they are pretty small.   

Google might find the photos for you somewhere else...