ON LINE CHECK IN PHOTO HELP!

joyce&bob

Can someone help a computer illiterate .......  trying to get my on-line express pass, but it wants me to update a photo.  I don't have the ability on my computer to take photo....can I use my Ipad?  If so can you walk me through the process.

You shouldn't have to do a photo at all, unless something has changed in the last couple of months.    We just skipped the photo section of the check-in process and went to the next screen.    It took less than a minute to let them do it as part of the check-in process when we got to the port.    

• Like 2

19 hours ago, joyce&bob said:

Can someone help a computer illiterate .......  trying to get my on-line express pass, but it wants me to update a photo.  I don't have the ability on my computer to take photo....can I use my Ipad?  If so can you walk me through the process.

Download the Celebrity app and check in thru the app, you can then use the camera on your ipad. You can do the same thing on your iphone (assuming you have one)              https://apps.apple.com/us/app/celebrity-cruises/id1313008863

7 minutes ago, oneputt18 said:

Download the Celebrity app and check in thru the app, you can then use the camera on your ipad. You can do the same thing on your iphone (assuming you have one)              https://apps.apple.com/us/app/celebrity-cruises/id1313008863

Agree, if you have one  do it on your phone and take the phone with you as it has a lot of info.   It shows menus, events and you can add things.   When you take the photo they just want a head shot.  On the phone its really easy.

Edited by dkjretired

The Celebrity app is certainly a wealth of information and check in is meant to be easier. The only issue comes into play for many non US residents who will be exposed to roaming charges or a flat fee daily charge for the privilege of perhaps saving a few minutes on check in. Once I have my on board internet account established, I have no problem and fully intend on using the app.

Now you might say that “you have spent good money on your cruise, so what’s a few extra dollars?” Fair comment, but as Canadians, we will be looking at a flat fee for the day, whether we use our phone for 1 minute of 24 hours. Our Canadian cell phone carriers are making enough profits now and I don’t feel like giving them any more “easy ones.”

Randy

38 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

The Celebrity app is certainly a wealth of information and check in is meant to be easier. The only issue comes into play for many non US residents who will be exposed to roaming charges or a flat fee daily charge for the privilege of perhaps saving a few minutes on check in. Once I have my on board internet account established, I have no problem and fully intend on using the app.

Now you might say that “you have spent good money on your cruise, so what’s a few extra dollars?” Fair comment, but as Canadians, we will be looking at a flat fee for the day, whether we use our phone for 1 minute of 24 hours. Our Canadian cell phone carriers are making enough profits now and I don’t feel like giving them any more “easy ones.”

Randy

This is a complete non-issue, even with no internet service the app can still display your Xpress pass, and you still have the option to print the pass from your PC if you wish.

I just tested it here, I selected 'Airplane mode' to cut off all internet. Closed down the app and then restarted it. I then accessed and displayed our Xpress passes without any problem.

39 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

This is a complete non-issue, even with no internet service the app can still display your Xpress pass, and you still have the option to print the pass from your PC if you wish.

I just tested it here, I selected 'Airplane mode' to cut off all internet. Closed down the app and then restarted it. I then accessed and displayed our Xpress passes without any problem.

Thanks for this and sorry for the false alarm.

When I originally placed the phone in airplane mode and tried to access the app, I received a message saying... “Sorry we lost you...connect to ship Wi-Fi or try an active internet connection.” I closed the app down as you suggested and still got the same message.

I guess persistence pays off. I tried 2 more times and now it’s working in Airplane mode.

I had previously printed off our Express Passes.

Thanks again.

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 12:39 PM, joyce&bob said:

Just relax and let them take your photo at check in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Provence55always said:

You are so right!  I agree 100 percent. 

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Agree. Maybe it adds 15 seconds to the check in time. 

Edited by davekathy

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

If you encounter any problems doing it yourself then I completely agree.

... on the other-hand I know what I look like after a long over-night flight so I was happy to do it myself in the comfort of my own home 🙂

We just returned from a cruise on Summit a few weeks ago. I took our pictures with our lap top, and the check-in process seemed to accept it. However, when we were at the pier for check-in, we had to have another photo taken because the one we submitted was too close up.  

53 minutes ago, Glendakayself said:

We just returned from a cruise on Summit a few weeks ago. I took our pictures with our lap top, and the check-in process seemed to accept it. However, when we were at the pier for check-in, we had to have another photo taken because the one we submitted was too close up.  

Which is why I advise to relax and let them do it at the pier.  Takes all of 10 seconds.  And then they will have it the way they want it.

• Like 1