Percentage off drinks package? Did I dream it?

davemorton

Okay, before I start, sorry for bring drinks packages up again, and hoping this will not turn into a discussion on the merits/perils of one but....I was sure I had read that lately they have been offering 10% off them on he second day, or something like that.  Did I dream it, or can anyone confirm please? 

30 minutes ago, davemorton said:

Okay, before I start, sorry for bring drinks packages up again, and hoping this will not turn into a discussion on the merits/perils of one but....I was sure I had read that lately they have been offering 10% off them on he second day, or something like that.  Did I dream it, or can anyone confirm please? 

This was on Ventura August 23.

IMG_20190823_190210.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davemorton said:

Cheers Grapau.  I thought I had read someone say they reduced them by 10% on the second day.  I probably imagined it. 

There was a 10 and 20 beer package offered on the second day of our 7 day cruise.

Graham.

Is it easy to run up a bar bill of £40 per person per day on board? I don't think my spend has got anywhere near that amount even with the odd cocktail thrown in. Then again we are not big drinkers but it does seem an exorbitant price to me.

1 hour ago, davemorton said:

We were on Britannia at the end of July and on the second day they had an offer if you bought the drinks package then you got 2 days free, essentially paying for 10 days I think. I bought it as soon as we boarded and should have made an issue out of this but never. I should have really as it annoyed me. The offer was in the Horizom magazine. 

• Like 1

There was a comment elsewhere,  that on one cruise, only 30 cabins had purchased the drinks package.  Obviously this is purely anecdotal,  and I am sure the numbers taking up the package will vary depending on the cruise demographic,  but I would be pretty confident that on cruises of more than 14 days, the take up will be miniscule.

I wonder if P&O will introduce some sort of "light" drinks package for longer, cruises, say £25 for 6 drinks?

We were on Aurora for the whole of September and we were really surprised that there wasn't anyone trying to 'sell' the Drinks Package.  I did see a stand set up near one of the MDRs along with adverts for the Glasshouse and Beach House but no-one came round trying to encourage people to purchase the package.  In fact we didn't even hear anyone mention it amongst the passengers we chatted to.

If they started offering 10% off on Day 2, nobody would pay full price. I've definitely not seen this.

I've worked out that if we were to buy a package for our next cruise it would cost £2880. We've done this length of cruise a few times now and NEVER had a bar bill even remotely near that - and we lie our drinks though not coffee

Edited by tartanexile81