Entertainment

tocruiseguy

On 10/26/2019 at 9:14 AM, tocruiseguy said:

If its okay with you I will make that decision......

Sounds like you will be giving it a shot. I think you will enjoy Oceania. One thing about this Oceania board. I believe it is one of the toughest, more judgmental on Cruise Critic. Folks can be blunt, sometimes even nasty. However, if you can deal with it, the advice is usually very helpful and accurate.

Response for tocruiseguy - Something that may effect your decisions re: entertainment.

On the Riviera and Marina, the Oceania production company (dancers/singers and singer/dancers) help with the deck games and possibly some other Big O points activities.  If you are pleasant and aware of the age difference, you can, especially on longer and more sea day cruises, get to know them to the point that they recognize you.  I like to see production shows, with my wife, where I know, to a small degree, some  of the performers.  This can, rarely, extend to a direct smile, look or point toward me during a production number ( a subtle hello ). Seats in the front row or on the aisle near the front work can make this possible.

Keep in mind that these production crew singers and dancers are rarely "seasoned, experienced professionals".

Usually they try hard and some will surprise with their advanced skills.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, tocruiseguy said:

Hello all, looking to book Oceania for the 1st time next June for a Med Cruise.  Just wondering, what is the entertainment like on board?  We aren’t party animals but do enjoy staying out late to have a few drinks or dance while cruising.  Also what kind of demographic can we expect?  

Thanks.

Entertainment is general singers/dancers & show acts. Not sure of your ship. On Riviera, the show band is generally very good. It's not as high town as the large ships. Riviera has a wonderful string quartet that plays different venues on the ship. They're always splendid to relax to during high tea. Usually the singers/dancers start a little green, but quickly get to be pretty good. They frequently mingle with some of the pax, most especially season travelers. Age demographic, we've found is generally among the eldest we've seen at sea. This does not bother us, as we really love to relax after busting our butts at work all year.

Edited by keithm
additions
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 7:08 PM, keithm said:

On Riviera, the show band is generally very good. It's not as high town as the large ships. Riviera has a wonderful string quartet that plays different venues on the ship. They're always splendid to relax to during high tea. 

Same as on Insignia...my guess is that it's the same on all 6 ships.

• Like 1