St Thomas half day excursions

melobstah55

You should probably post on the St. Thomas board -- I'm sure people will have lots of ideas.

I really dislike these ports with crappy times (we have a couple on our upcoming cruise). If I was in St. Thomas with those times, I wouldn't do an excursion. I'd use my shore excursion credit (if you have it) to buy tickets for the Paradise Point Skyride. I'd walk over there and take the tram up to enjoy the view and maybe have an early-morning drink. There is a pirate museum next door if you are interested in something like that.

Then I'd walk through the shops and head back to the ship. There is a microbrewery in Havensight that we visited and I think a distillery as well. 

You could also take a taxi ($4/person unless the price has gone up) downtown to do some shopping. 

One NCL excursion that gets good reviews is the Champagne Catamaran Sail. If you feel like you want to have something "planned" you could consider this excursion.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

there isnt a great deal to do in st thomas. if the ship docks in Charlotte Amalie. i would just walk off and walk around, unless you want to take a beach excursion (which is probably not worth the $$$). Last time e were there one of the excursions was a short boat ride to st johns. there isnt a great deal to do there either, but its pretty. Meanwhile back to Charlotte Amalie. Its a very nicepicturesque little town, although i confess we havent been there in about 5 years

We have been in St Thomas several times with only a half day stop. We pick excursions through NCL due to the short time. We have done different snorkeling excursions 3 of those times , but my favorite excursion was the BOSS underwater scooter. In March we will again have a half day stop and are currently booked to go over to St John for something different.

On 10/25/2019 at 5:22 PM, melobstah55 said:

Hi  yes I did post on St Thomas too.. Figured I'd try here too.. Champagne Cat Cruise we did last October and loved it! Wasn't sure if enough time.. Thanks for the advice 👍

Champagne Cat Cruise & Snorkel was the best excursion we have ever been on.