I got hooked......

Five years ago today.  10/26/14 we went on our fist cruise for our 30th anniversary, Freedom to the Western Caribbean.  And that started it.

Since then we've been on Grandeur to Bermuda and the Bahamas and Radiance in Alaska.  Have Grandeur booked for February 2021 to the Southern Caribbean.  While we don't have as many points and status levels as many of you, hopefully retirement will remedy that.

Happy Cruising!

• Like 1

My wife asked me for years to cruise.  I was self employed and did not find time to go. In 2013 she finally got me to go on the sea day before we got home I told her to book the next cruise and we have not stopped I love it.  We have been on the Grandeur 7 times and enjoy that ship.  So I guess I'm with you "Hooked".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Race Watcher said:

My wife asked me for years to cruise.  I was self employed and did not find time to go. In 2013 she finally got me to go on the sea day before we got home I told her to book the next cruise and we have not stopped I love it.  We have been on the Grandeur 7 times and enjoy that ship.  So I guess I'm with you "Hooked".

My husband is also self employed, so hard to get him to go longer than 7 days anywhere.

46 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

My first cruise was at age 12 and 30+ years and dozens of cruises later my addiction is as strong as ever!  Wishing you a happy retirement and many, many future cruises to enjoy.

Ditto, I actually celebrated my 13th birthday on St. Thomas during my first cruise... I'm now 50yo and cruising more than ever!  

OP, happy retirement, and it's a joy to have you in the cruising family, where the family tree contains plenty of nuts!  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, breezy_carol said:

Five years ago today.  10/26/14 we went on our fist cruise for our 30th anniversary, Freedom to the Western Caribbean.  And that started it.

Since then we've been on Grandeur to Bermuda and the Bahamas and Radiance in Alaska.  Have Grandeur booked for February 2021 to the Southern Caribbean.  While we don't have as many points and status levels as many of you, hopefully retirement will remedy that.

Happy Cruising!

We also did our first cruise on Freedom out of Port Canaveral in June 2014.  Since that cruise, we have been on close to 40 cruises with Royal.  Love the longer cruises as 7 days are no longer long enough.  Longest we have been on is 21 days and can't wait for the longer ones when we retire in a few years.  You can say that we are hooked.

Edited by frank808
  • Like 1

It was great when my kids where younger because they were on a contained area and we didn't have to do hardly any planning day to day.

Now that they are older we can do traveling that takes planning and though.

Not sure after they both move out me and my wife will still cruise.

Also, unlike 5 years ago I do not have 3 -4 cruises booked ahead of time.

We are doing Spring Break next March, but it is on NCL this time and I did book Spring Break next year on RC.   

22 hours ago, breezy_carol said:

My husband is also self employed, so hard to get him to go longer than 7 days anywhere.

Glad it’s not just us. We just got back from a 5 night two weeks ago and I was shocked when he suggested we book another for December. We have a 10 night booked for next year and he only agreed because it happens to work out to include the maximum number of his already planned days off.

• Like 1