transfers

Hal1678

7 hours ago, Hal1678 said:

Since scenic river cruises are all inclusive are the airport transfers included also.

On the Canadian website, it says:

At Scenic, when we say all-inclusive, that’s what we mean. As the curators of Scenic Wonder, we proudly invite you to experience the all-inclusive luxury lifestyle of our floating world, with us. 
From your transfers and tips; your exclusive Enrich, FreeChoice and Tailormade excursions; to your luxuriously appointed suites and amenities (complete with thoughtful, exclusive touches), you won’t have to worry about money at all. We’ve thought of everything, from your very own personal butler, to including bottled water service onboard. 

If you are coming in early or staying late you might have to check with them. I'm pretty sure that transfers are included even if you don't arrange flights with them, but you would have to confirm that.
(I tried to check the terms and conditions, but the print is so small I can't even begin to try.)

We booked everything through Scenic for our September Jewels of Europe river cruise and it truly was no tipping, all inclusive.  Airport transfers were included and we had a special offer that included transfers from home/airport, airport/home and even those tips were included.  Excellent service.

Are finished a Scenic Rhine Highlights Cruise last week. We did our own flights, and our own pre-cruise in Amsterdam. We are still on our own post-cruise trip. 

No transfers were included for us unfortunately. 

Scenic did call a taxi to collect us from the ship in Basel, but we had to pay. 

11 hours ago, Hal1678 said:

Since scenic river cruises are all inclusive are the airport transfers included also.

This has been recently discussed on the Scenic roll call, and I think this is the consensus:

1) If you arrange your travel and any pre- or post-cruise hotels through Scenic, then transfers are included.

2) If you arrange your travel on your own, but arrive/leave the day of the cruise, then transfers are included.

3) If you arrange your travel on your own, and arrive one or more days early, or leave one or more days late, then transfers are not included.

As an example, last year we went on a Scenic cruise, and arranged our own travel. We flew into Amsterdam a couple of days early, and did our own transfer to the hotel we stayed. (On embarkation day, the "transfer" from the hotel to the ship only involved walking around the corner. 😊). In Budapest, we flew out on disembarkation day, and Scenic provided the transfer to the airport.

Although we don't have that status yet, my understanding is that when you become a Platinum repeat passenger, Scenic also starts including transfers between your home and airport on both ends of your travel.

On 10/27/2019 at 2:12 PM, DougK said:

This has been recently discussed on the Scenic roll call, and I think this is the consensus:

1) If you arrange your travel and any pre- or post-cruise hotels through Scenic, then transfers are included.

2) If you arrange your travel on your own, but arrive/leave the day of the cruise, then transfers are included.

3) If you arrange your travel on your own, and arrive one or more days early, or leave one or more days late, then transfers are not included.

As an example, last year we went on a Scenic cruise, and arranged our own travel. We flew into Amsterdam a couple of days early, and did our own transfer to the hotel we stayed. (On embarkation day, the "transfer" from the hotel to the ship only involved walking around the corner. 😊). In Budapest, we flew out on disembarkation day, and Scenic provided the transfer to the airport.

Although we don't have that status yet, my understanding is that when you become a Platinum repeat passenger, Scenic also starts including transfers between your home and airport on both ends of your travel.

We arranged our own air, and booked our own pre cruise one day early,  but we did book the hotel (Schweizerof Zurich) that Scenic uses for their pre cruise.  We provided Scenic with our confirmation number and they WILL have transfers included from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the ship.  To get transfers included when you you book your own air and/or hotel, you must stay at the Scenic hotel they are using.  And you can extend as long as you like.