MSC Barcelona Excursion Gaudi's Experience?

floridian1

Our family will be taking our first MSC Med. Cruise next March. I was looking for feedback on the MSC Barcelona Excursion Gaudi's Experience? Has anyone ever took it? I do read the spain port boards here on CC but I am specifically wanting to hear from those that took the MSC excursion though. How did you like it? What time was the excursion?

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, George C said:

I would look at Barcelona day tours they are great

I looked into them and it ended up being too pricey. The MSC excursion - granted its not private - was almost half the cost and goes to the same places as the private one i inquired about. I keep hearing how great they are though!

35 minutes ago, floridian1 said:

I looked into them and it ended up being too pricey. The MSC excursion - granted its not private - was almost half the cost and goes to the same places as the private one i inquired about. I keep hearing how great they are though!

It was very reasonable for us we did it with about ten from our roll call , all our Europe excursions were private with 6 to ten fellow roll call cruisers. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, George C said:

It was very reasonable for us we did it with about ten from our roll call , all our Europe excursions were private with 6 to ten fellow roll call cruisers. 

good idea - maybe i'll price out a "small group" tour with them instead of private

On 11/5/2019 at 4:27 PM, MissyMoo68 said:

I know you are asking about MSC's tour, but I can highly recommend these guys if you are happy to walk some and take a couple of metro rides https://runnerbeantours.com/tours/gaudi-free-tour-barcelona/

Second the recommendation.  They are excellent!

• Like 2

We took this excursion with MSC. IMO it was money extremely well spent. Our guide was very knowledgeable and had a doctorate in art and architecture, in particular of Gaudi’s work, no less!

Also, being on a guided tour, we went straight into a dedicated line at the Sagrada Familia, whereas the general public lineup was announced to be 3 hours at the moment we went in.  We also had ample time at Guell to visit, get insightful information and photo ops.  Again, we had tickets to skip the line and went right in.

Finally, we completed with a walking tour downtown, where we were shown residential works conceived by Gaudi, and were explained why they were avant-grade and splendid constructions, yet an engineering nightmare. 

We absolutely loved that excursion with the ship. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zephyr173 said:

We took this excursion with MSC. IMO it was money extremely well spent. .....

Thank you so much for your feedback I am weighing all of my options and looking into every suggestion people leave. This MSC tour keeps coming out ahead in price for what we want only negative is the tour group size may be large.

Do you remember around what time this tour was offered? (morning i hope)

Does the MSC Gaudi tour end on La Rambla before going back to the ship? Do you think we would be able to go to the La Boqueria Market off La Rambla at the end of the tour and just taxi back?