Reservations during Open Dining

Cruzin with BQ & CQ

We are leaving in three weeks with two other couples and I’m wondering if on a night or two, we can make a reservation for the six of us to dine together. Some lines permit this by calling or visiting the dining room in advance and making the reservation. Don’t know if Princess allows this, but I’m guessing some of you may know the ropes. Thanks for your help!

Probably yes. On almost all voyages the maitre'd accepts anytime dining reservations for set times. The times are something like 5:00, 5:15, 7:00, & 7:15 or very close to these times. If you wanted a reservation at say 6:30 that would probably not be available. 

You can make a reservation a few ways. The dining line opens at 8:00am. Call right away in the morning. There is a quick dial button on your cabin phone. You can also ask to speak directly with the maitre'd while you are dining the evening before. He may be able to help. May I suggest on one of those evenings you try a specialty restaurant? just a suggestion. Reserverations for specialty dining can be made pre-cruise, payment required when booking, or once on board. If you call the dining line they will have set times. If you visit the restaurant they may be able to reserve seating at off times.

Cruzin has not said if the three couples involved are all at the same seating or are mixed.  Unlike Frugal, I assume that the three couples are not all Anytime Dining, because if they are, there is no issue.  There is only an issue if at least one couple is set up for Traditional Dining.

When my wife and I wanted to dine with new friends who were in Anytime, we asked our Maitre' D is we could dine Anytime one night to be with them.  He was able to accommodate us.

If you are all traditional dining cruisers you could link your bookings and be assigned the same table. If you are all anytime diners you could simply show up at the same time and be given a table if you don't want to reserve a specific time for that evening.