Fantastica level early dinning time not honored

aprilsp88

1 hour ago, aprilsp88 said:

Hi,

Does anyone know if Fantastica balcony has guaranteed dinning time? If I select early but assigned late, and front desk says can't change, what should I do?

Thanks,

April

Speak to the maitre'd once aboard and get it sorted out. There's virtually always people who want)need to swap times and the maitre'd will do their best to get you to the time you want/need. It may take a day or so, so be patient. 

4 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Speak to the maitre'd once aboard and get it sorted out. There's virtually always people who want)need to swap times and the maitre'd will do their best to get you to the time you want/need. It may take a day or so, so be patient. 

Thanks! Where and when can I find the maitre'd? I guess he'll be in one of the dinning room but which one and what time?

There is always a time set aside on embarkation day to see the maitre’d to make dining changes. It will be posted in the daily schedule.  I have done this numerous times on MSC and have never been denied my choice.  Happy sails!

13 hours ago, aprilsp88 said:

Hi,

Does anyone know if Fantastica balcony has guaranteed dinning time? If I select early but assigned late, and front desk says can't change, what should I do?

Thanks,

April

Are you asking because this has happened to you today? or are you just worrying incase it happens?

When you've booked Fantastica experience it does not guarantee you any desired time. Unfortunately, Fantasica does not mean that you are "guaranteed" your wishes.
In the end, MSC decides which session you get. The maitre'd is the right person to talk to - he usually has "office time" in the MDR during the afternoon after you've boardet the ship....

Edited by Frode

When you check in for your cruise, you will be given your sail and sign card and your dining time will be indicated on the card.

If you do not like what you are given, you can change your dining time with the maitre' d on embarkation day - the time will be announced in the daily newspaper you receive. Usually, they will do this up until the muster drill.

You may have to go to your assigned time that night for dinner but you will get something in your cabin regarding the change and if they were able to accommodate you.

9 hours ago, aprilsp88 said:

Thanks! Where and when can I find the maitre'd? I guess he'll be in one of the dinning room but which one and what time?

Yes, the maitre'd will be in the dining room. Which one and what times will be listed in the Daily Program you receive at embarkation. They'll also be available in the dining room throughout dinner service each night I somehow you don't het ti them before hand -  but I'd highly recommend you wait to speak to them till AFTER dinner service as they are busy providing a quality dinner service and taking time out to talk with you, when it could be done after service is finished, adds to the stress, for everyone.  

It's usually not an issue, but it can sometimes be difficult to accommodate, particularly if you're a large group, or there's other large groups, etc.

Dining times are requests, not guaranteeda, Fantastica does have priority over Bella, but that still doesn't guarantee your specific time, just that your preference will be taken into account, along with everyone else's.. 

You don't actually find out your dining time till check-in, so there's not point worrying about it til then, and the odss are highly in your favor that you'll have the time you requested..

Happy sails.

First trip on Divina I was assigned early dining. Waited in line to see Maitre'd and was told we could not change as there was no room in late seating, so switching is not guaranteed. They will do their best, but don't be super disappointed.  If you are sailing seaside there are 3 dining times so switching might be easier.