How to add a guest to booked stateroom

groundloop

My adult daughter is planning on booking her own stateroom on our cruise.  She will probably have a second person in the room (possibly our niece) but that part isn't definite yet, and she's willing to pay for a room by herself if need be.

Assuming she goes ahead and books now to lock in her room what does she need to do to add a second guest (and get rid of the upcharge for single occupancy)?

I believe she can call to add the person and since the cabin is already paid for, all they will add to the charge is the taxes and port fees for the second guest.  It would be up to the niece to reimburse your daughter for her portion of the fare.  Otherwise, I think it would be a cancel and rebook at the current rate and offers...EM

Just now, Essiesmom said:

I believe she can call to add the person and since the cabin is already paid for, all they will add to the charge is the taxes and port fees for the second guest.  It would be up to the niece to reimburse your daughter for her portion of the fare.  Otherwise, I think it would be a cancel and rebook at the current rate and offers...EM

This is exactly what my mom and cousin did.  They added my cousin and she paid my mom for 1/2 directly 

She might want to add "some name" now, even if that's not the person who will go.

If she waits to add an entirely new person to the sailing, then it might be possible that the lifeboats in that section will already be full (e.g., if other cabins nearby have more than 2 passengers).

This can occur on other cruise lines, so I assume it's at least a remote risk on HAL (?).

She could later change her cabin-mate's name or drop the second passenger entirely.

GC

• Thanks 1