Hotel Help Please

mommypenguin29

Hello - we are cruising on the SYmphony out of Miami on November 23rd... due to flight prices we are flying into Ft. Lauderdale. (4 of us)

My plan is to get a hotel in Ft Lauderdale and then go to the port in the morning. I am looking for a hotel close to a grocery store and restaurants so we can walk to in a safe area. Looking to keep the hotel around $150 - $175...

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Ft Lauderdale?

We would possibly be up to staying in Miami, but figured FT Lauderdale would be cheaper.

Thanks!

Embassy Suites on 17th Street should fit your requirements.

There is a Publix grocery, a Marshall's and a Total Wine Store directly behind the hotel. 

Another good option is the Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention Center which is a block away. Not sure if you can book there for less than $200.00 though.

We will be there the same time for a Carnival cruise. We will be flying into FLL, then taking an Uber to Hollywood, FL. Found a hotel right on the beach for $179. It's also right on the Boardwalk so I am hoping there will be a lot to do with 3 teenagers. The next day we will Uber to MIA. 

1 hour ago, jenanderic said:

We will be there the same time for a Carnival cruise. We will be flying into FLL, then taking an Uber to Hollywood, FL. Found a hotel right on the beach for $179. It's also right on the Boardwalk so I am hoping there will be a lot to do with 3 teenagers. The next day we will Uber to MIA. 

What hotel?

I would/used to recommend Embassy Suites...but it's looking very tired. We now prefer Hyatt Place which sit's just behind ES and next to the Publix Market (Harbor Shopping Center) We just returned (Oct 23rd) from a few post-cruise days and enjoyed the Hyatt Place once again.

For good rates sign up online to be a Hyatt member and book that way.