Stateroom Category Update Problem

This is a heads up to everyone to double check your stateroom #s.  Way back in 2018 I booked two connecting cabins on Oasis sailing 12/8/19.  The cabins were 7694/7696.  It will be my wife, 5 year old son and 18 month old daughter.  We make final payment and I receive the guest invoices showing that we paid and confirming 7694/7696.  Then, on October 10th I received an email stating the following:

.... we'll be conducting an internal system update to our stateroom categories. During this time, your stateroom category will show as a guarantee in your reservation details for XXXXXX. Once we've completed the behind the scenes work, your stateroom category will be different than what you originally booked. However, please know, your stateroom number, location, dimensions, and amenities will all remain the same. The only change will be the name of your stateroom category.

So, all fine and good right?  Well, not so much because when I get an email on 10/25/19 with vacation documents the cabins have changed to 6198 and 7696.  That's a problem because the whole reason I booked two cabins was because they were connecting!  I called customer service was told that the category changed on 7694, which I told them yes I was aware of that but per the 10/10/19 email the stateroom number should not change.  After a lot of waiting on hold for the supervisor (who I never actually talked to) we were able to resolve by putting me in 8162 / 8164 which are also connecting.  While I'm not super happy about the whole situation I'm glad I caught this before we got to the port, so I just wanted to let everyone know to keep an eye on your stateroom numbers if you receive the email about category updates!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MacMarauder said:

8162 / 8164

Glad it worked out in your favor!  I've seen a lot of mishaps happening with the recategorization and changing the room capacities and what not.

Bonus for you is that that I feel Deck 8 is much better than Deck 7..no making the mistake of getting on the wrong aft elevator and also easy access to Central Park!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1