Koningsdam night light?

HALrunner

On our most recent Konigsdam cruise we were in a category VH verandah and noticed a nice little bonus. A motion sensor night light was mounted below the trim of the lower corner cabinet. Anytime someone walked within a few feet of it, a pleasant little night light popped on so you could safely move around the cabin without turning on the lights. We did not have this perk in previous Koningsdam or Nieuw Statendam cabins of similar or higher cabin categories. I am wondering if these are standard now? Has anyone else noticed this? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jbecker6469 said:

I believe they were installed at the last, and only, drydock Dec '18.  Very welcome addition.  

Yes they were. I wish all ships had this. I travel with a battery powered light that's motion-activated. It does the same thing the one built in on K does. It takes a little adjusting to find the right spot and angle to place it at, but I like it better than a nightlight that's on all night, although it has a setting for that, too.

• Like 1

We had one on our Veranda cabin on Koningsdam in May.....the first night I hunted around for about 10 minutes trying to work out how to turn it off, I finally gave up and grumbled that it would be on all night, of course once I stopped walking around trying to find how to turn it off and got into bed it turned itself off....duh moment.  Its a nice feature of the room, very handy.

4 hours ago, raks said:

We had one on our Veranda cabin on Koningsdam in May.....the first night I hunted around for about 10 minutes trying to work out how to turn it off, I finally gave up and grumbled that it would be on all night, of course once I stopped walking around trying to find how to turn it off and got into bed it turned itself off....duh moment.  Its a nice feature of the room, very handy.

That's like they guy in front of me at the supermarket checkout who kept moving his stuff back as the belt moved it forward. 😀

• Haha 1

There was one of these in our cabin on the Koningsdam on our cruise this fall.  Overall, I liked it and found it really convenient.  The one downside is, given its location and the location of the bed, it would sometimes turn on in the night if the person on the side of the bed nearest the cabinet rolled over. (I guess the sheet hanging over the edge of the bed or the bedskirt would move and trigger it.)

On 10/30/2019 at 2:25 PM, Mary229 said:

We had this in an inside cabin so they must be in all. I blocked the motion detectors with the trash pail.   I don’t like night lights (reason for the inside cabin). Hubby uses a flashlight 

Me too I except I put a pillow in front of it.  Seemed so bright and we carry a small flashlight.