Princess not honoring a 20% discount letter received during a cruise

mamkmm2

7 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

It is worth chasing this s we had a similar letter from a poor stopping cruise and we had a cruise already booked for which we had used a future cruise letter and before we asked the TA said they had been advised the credit was in our system account and they took it off the cruise cost immediately   If necessary go on the CEO's blog and ask for action  (I have done that in the past and got action)

We had a tiny ($15) FCC goodwill amount that Princess granted for an Island cruise that was cancelled when she was re-deployed to World Cruise duty for 2021 season.  It was automatically applied to the next booking we made.  Didn't even see it in the Captain's Circle list before it was applied (it still shows there in the history as we have not taken that voyage as yet).

14 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I am not sure where to begin with this very confusing and misleading post.  First of all, those passengers received a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) - not a FCD.  The FCC was granted by Princess as a goodwill gesture for having to miss two ports and apparently for the poor communications surrounding that.  A FCC granted by Princess might also happen if a booked passenger accepted a Move Down to a lower category of cabin, or a Move Over to another cruise due to over-booking.  The FCC can be applied to future bookings.  In the case of this disruption, the letter provided to passengers indicated they could apply it to cruises already booked, but not yet paid in full. 

In your post you go on about FCD's, which customers can purchase on board ships while on a cruise and the FCD can be used as a deposit towards a future cruise booking they may make.  You are completely wrong and incorrect about stating that few promotions or sales qualify to use a FCD.  A FCD can be applied to ANY booking with Princess.  If you book a cruise after Final Payment Date, then the balance is immediately due.  The FCD also satisfies as sufficient deposit even when the booking calls for a 10% deposit (World Cruises - and segments - excepted as they have a totally different payment plan and application of FCD's).  It is obvious to me you have a completely incorrect understanding of the FCD program.  I suggest you do some research on it or ask Princess because you are missing out on a great program.

Nah I understand the program, what I did do is leave out a couple of sentences in my post - Sorry. The whole FCD thing is a different issue and while the program can provide some advantages for some for most it really doesn't when you run all the numbers especially when a Pax has many of their future cruises already planned/booked. I can't remember a cruise that through elite benefits promotions etc that I have ever had to make much of a deposit. Our upcoming World Cruise the exception. The only reason I brought it up is that the program is one of many ways to gain some FCC. The only advantage of the FCD is those FCC credits which are minimal for some Fare Classes. FCC credits can be used for many things but one thing that its is very difficult to use them for (if not impossible) without losing some of those credits is to pay for an actual cruise. Most often they are converted to non refundable OBC. 

I may be the exception but I don't usually buy much of anything on board, don't gamble, take ship excursions, or buy drinks (usually have a free package for that) and rearley go to specialty dining. (have done most of it over the years) We take multiple cruises per usually 7 days in a cheaper cabin (don't spend any time there) so giving PC 100.00 for a year or so  to gain 15.00 just doesn't make sense to me (but as i said that is a different topic)

I'm only guessing but the OP's attempt to use FCC not yet posted to her CC to lower her Final Payment on an already booked and fared cruise was the crux of the problem. The trite comment from one of the call center folks to just book a new cruise under one of the running promotions while not well explained was prolly good advice and would have resulted in a larger credit. By the time accounting recalculated the credit to give her what she wanted, she left some money on the table. At the very least a couples massage LOL........

Edited by TNTLAMB

2 minutes ago, TNTLAMB said:

Nah I understand the program, what I did do is leave out a couple of sentences. The whole FCD thing is a different issue and while the program can provide some advantages for some for most it really doesn't when you run all the numere especially when a Pax has many of their future cruses already planned/booked. I can't remember a cruise that through elite benefits promotions etc that I have ever had to make much of a deposit. The only reason I brought it up is that the program is one of many ways to gain some FCC. The only advatage of the FCD is those FCC credits which are minimal for some Fare Classes. FCC credits can be used for many things but one thing that its is very difficult to use them for (if not impossible) without losing some of those credits is to pay for an actual cruise. Most often they are converted to non refundable OBC. 

I may be the exception but I don't usually buy much of anything on board, don't gamble, take ship excursions, or buy drinks (usually have a free package for that) and rearley go to specialty dining. (have done most of it over the years) We take multiple cruises per usually 7 days in a cheaper cabin (don't spend any time there) so giving PC 100.00 for a year or so  to gain 15.00 just doesn't make sense to me (but as i said that is a different topic)

I'm only guessing but the OP's attempt to use FCC not yet posted to her CC to lower her Final Payment on an already booked and fared cruise was the crux of the problem. The trite comment from one of the call center folks to just book a new cruise under one of the running promotions while not well explained was prolly good advice and would have resulted in a larger credit. By the time accounting recalculated the credit to give her what she wanted, she left some money on the table. At the very least a couples massage LOL........

Thanks for clarifying.  We get a minimum of $25 each for our $100 FCD investments - and more on longer cruises.  We also avoid 10% deposit requirement if that happens to be the situation when we book.  (We don't book the shorter cruises that only get you $15 - and you get $25 for 7 - 10 nights). 

We book Insides also (unless there is a great Balcony deal where almost the same price).  For me, earning 25% guaranteed on my $100 investment beats anything else out there unless hit on a zoomer stock by some stroke of luck.  And there is never a problem to be able to use them when booking a cruise. 

Our next cruise was a late booking (this summer for Nov) and was a Sub Drenched deal I think.  So, no big sale with a lot of goodies and that $25 apiece pays for almost two days of our gratuities.  Our total OBC is $300 (Princess, FCD, TA, Shareholders) and grat's are $290, so that works out nicely.

Many posters on CC identify FCD's as a great program.  But, to each their own as I see your points.

I cannot disagree with your comments on the FCC the OP was granted.  I would have begin the conversation with Princess by identifying the letter and asking when I might see the FCC posted to my Captain's Circle account.  Anyway, that is all water under the bridge now and the OP seems satisfied with their result.