Silouette balcony cabins room dark for Norway in summer?

somloi

Wondering for cruise in last week of June into July on the Silouette, are the balcony cabin's drapes able to keep the light out?

I have seen photos of Norway at night during this time of year... it is more like twilight out.

We do travel with eye masks. There is an advantage to inside cabins!

1 minute ago, somloi said:

Wondering for cruise in last week of June into July on the Silouette, are the balcony cabin's drapes able to keep the light out?

I have seen photos of Norway at night during this time of year... it is more like twilight out.

We do travel with eye masks. There is an advantage to inside cabins!

Possibly not on a scenic cruise like the Norwegian fjords. You'll really appreciate a balcony on that trip. Done it, loved it. 

Silhouette has black out blinds so no real issues. 

• Like 1

@somloi, no need for an inside cabin as the blackout curtains work very well. Just bring along a couple of clothes pegs to make sure that they are fully closed.We spent a lot more time on our balcony than any other cruise, both day and night, and wouldn't even consider going again without one.

Here's a sample of what to expect. I took the photo this June at midnight exactly to show what the midnight sun can look like. We were north of Trondheim on our way to Honningsvag and the North Cape.

DSC_1064.thumb.jpeg.54eccc0999dfd7843b9e56ec2d3b62e1.jpeg

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Love a balcony cabin with a full moon....I never close the drapes...

Agree!

When we cruised Norway (May) we were often entering a Fjord at about 6 am...Some of our best sightseeing was on the balcony wrapped in blankets with hot coffee.

Somloi, suggest you do some homework on times so that you don’t sleep through the best bits! It is a fantastic cruise, I hope you enjoy!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

@somloi, no need for an inside cabin as the blackout curtains work very well. Just bring along a couple of clothes pegs to make sure that they are fully closed.We spent a lot more time on our balcony than any other cruise, both day and night, and wouldn't even consider going again without one.

Here's a sample of what to expect. I took the photo this June at midnight exactly to show what the midnight sun can look like. We were north of Trondheim on our way to Honningsvag and the North Cape.

DSC_1064.thumb.jpeg.54eccc0999dfd7843b9e56ec2d3b62e1.jpeg

Great picture

I doubt it will be an issue.  Having said that, on our trip this September to Norway on Silhouette the ships curtains were so worn that when the light shown through them I could swear I saw the Milky Way Galaxy pattern!  It all depends how sensitive to light you are.  They are blackout curtains (minus the worn spots!) but light does come in at the sides and sometimes the bottom.  Not a lot, but some.  I always bring my blackout sleep mask just in case - it works wonders.

16 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I doubt it will be an issue.  Having said that, on our trip this September to Norway on Silhouette the ships curtains were so worn that when the light shown through them I could swear I saw the Milky Way Galaxy pattern!  It all depends how sensitive to light you are.  They are blackout curtains (minus the worn spots!) but light does come in at the sides and sometimes the bottom.  Not a lot, but some.  I always bring my blackout sleep mask just in case - it works wonders.