Not an AI beach

1gail1

Party of 8 adults, some drink some don't, some snorkel some don't. I am looking for a beach that is NOT an AI, but has a nice beach area with good snorkeling and a place to eat and drink with lounge chairs/umbrellas/restrooms. I have searched the Cozumel forms but can not come across just what I am looking for, (if it exists). The closest thing I have found is the Money Pit but the beach entrance for the non-snorkelers isn't very desirable. Any suggestions?

It is the Money Bar. As noted, no real beach - you enter the water via steps.  It does offer everything you wanted - good facilites, lots of loungers, and good food/drinks & service.

No beach with a sandy bottom will offer good snorkeling.  The sand and waves cloud the water and there are no reefs for the little fish to thrive in.  You could try the PAYG side of Mr. Sanchos and then those that want can book the snorkel tour for about $30+ each.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:10 PM, 1gail1 said:

Party of 8 adults, some drink some don't, some snorkel some don't. I am looking for a beach that is NOT an AI, but has a nice beach area with good snorkeling and a place to eat and drink with lounge chairs/umbrellas/restrooms. I have searched the Cozumel forms but can not come across just what I am looking for, (if it exists). The closest thing I have found is the Money Pit but the beach entrance for the non-snorkelers isn't very desirable. Any suggestions?

Paradise Beach may be an option for you. You do not have to purchase the AI option.  Instead, you pay an entrance fee (I think it is $3/pp) which includes chairs/umbrellas and the facility has a nice pool, clean changing rooms/bathrooms, and then you can do "pay as you go". 

If you purchase a "fun pass" (don't know latest price, but may be around $13-15/pp), you can take advantage of a number of activities such as snorkeling (which is OK), kayaking, paddle boarding, and the inflatables in the water.  I think it provides good variety, even if the snorkeling isn't great. Those who just want to hang out, don't need to purchase the pass.  In addition, the  food & drinks are good as is the service.  It's also easy to get to/from the cruise port and taxis are always available. 

I love Paradise beach but the snorkeling is not really good.  The $3 pay as you go option would be good otherwise for what you are decribing. 

Unfortunately in Cozumel, you are usually choosing between nice beach and good snorkeling.  Maybe make a stop at Money Bar for an hour and let the snorkelers do their thing and then move on to PB so that everyone can eat and relax.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wordell1 said:

Maybe make a stop at Money Bar for an hour and let the snorkelers do their thing and then move on to PB so that everyone can eat and relax.

This actually sounds like a wonderful idea or those that want to snorkel can stop here and meet the others at Paradise beach a few hours later. Thanks so much I don't think I would have thought about it that way. 🤗

6 hours ago, 1gail1 said:

This actually sounds like a wonderful idea or those that want to snorkel can stop here and meet the others at Paradise beach a few hours later. Thanks so much I don't think I would have thought about it that way. 🤗

We have done this on a previous stop and Mitsugirly, who is a frequent poster, has a photo intensive review of this exact agenda (Money Bar and PB) linked in her signature - check it out!

You might look at Playa Uvas. Better snorkeling than Paradise but not as nice of a pool and other facilities (but they are fine). Better beach than Money bar and easier entry into the water. Food and drinks are good and reasonable.

We prefer Paradise if we want more beach/pool time; Money Bar if we want to snorkel and Uvas if looking to do both.

Thanks Everyone, 

grantbob : Playa Uvas looks like it may work for us as well thanks for the info.

JohninDC : I looked everywhere for the review of Mitsugirly but could not find it anywhere can you give me a link to it or maybe tell me exactly how to get to it, I thought I looked in her signature area but I could not find anything.