Another great trip with Viking!

dolllover

My DH and I just came back from an excellent Rhone cruise with Viking. Our second river cruise with Viking. Loved everything about this trip. We upgraded thru Viking our pre cruise hotel to the Prince de Galles hotel which was walking distance to the Seine and the Arc de Triumph. Great location! Our post cruise hotel was the Le Meridian hotel in Nice and was close to the sights as well with the added bonus of a fantastic view of the mediterranean. The crew was fantastic and was always ready to top your drink off and with anything else that you needed. Loved eating quite a few of our meals on the Aquavit Terrace. It was wonderful having our meal looking out on the Rhone or the town we were docked in that day. Food was very good. Local wines were served as well. We didn't have a drink package and were satisfied with the wines that Viking provided. As far as tours we had excellent guides. Most of the time we had 3 levels of walking tours, easy pace, normal and fast pace. We had a mixture of passengers on this trip with age ranges from 40 on up including singles. We will be trying out Uniworld for the first time next Sept. sailing on one of their Italy cruises. Quite a bit more money than our Viking trips. It'll be interesting to see if Uniworlds service justifies the added cost of this upcoming trip. I don't do full reviews just a quick summary. If anyone has any questions ask away.

Done several Viking river and Uniworld.  Enjoyed all.  Decor aside, the Uniworld major difference is that cocktails are included.  They have a button at tables on the top outdoor deck that you press and a waiter comes and gets you a drink.  I never used this so it made no difference to me but I can see this as a positive feature.  Buffet lunches on Uniworld were more elaborate and better than Viking. I got too fat eating too much and sampling the beyond excellent Uniworld lunch deserts.  I usually do Aquavit Terrace lunches on Viking, which are fine for me and less fattening.  Breakfast & lunch V vs U was a wash.  Both were excellent.
You'll love your Uniworld cruise. Just don't mention Viking as some fellow passengers tend to look down their nose at Viking.  Enjoy Venice.

• Like 1