Suite vs 2 staterooms

csj0810

Just beginning to think about booking a cruise in June of 2021.  Will be traveling with husband and two kids 14 and 18!  Last time we booked adjoining balcony staterooms which was nice for privacy, extra bathroom, etc.  Wondering about the advantages / disadvantages of booking a 2 bed suite instead of the two staterooms.  Is it worth the cost?  benefits?  Looking at Harmony or Symphony with a Caribbean destination.

Any thoughts?

Advantage of two staterooms: 14 and 18 year old are in totally separate stateroom.

Disadvantage of two staterooms: 14 and 18 year old are in a totally separate stateroom. 

read through the suite amenities on the Royal site. 

Edited by neverbeenhere

14 minutes ago, csj0810 said:

Just beginning to think about booking a cruise in June of 2021.  Will be traveling with husband and two kids 14 and 18!  Last time we booked adjoining balcony staterooms which was nice for privacy, extra bathroom, etc.  Wondering about the advantages / disadvantages of booking a 2 bed suite instead of the two staterooms.  Is it worth the cost?  benefits?  Looking at Harmony or Symphony with a Caribbean destination.

Any thoughts?

it depends on a few things. 
Are you planning on buying drink package, internet, dining package? Do you enjoy the shows on board? 

if so, the value of a star class suite (2 br aqua theater) goes up significantly for you, and you can balance the added cost by including all the above things I mentioned. 

Ultimately it depends entirely on where you find value. Most of the time I can’t justify the cost of a suite vs a normal room. 

I just went on my first star class cruise earlier this year, and with 6 people in a 2 bedroom aqua theater suite. We cruised in January so things were cheaper and per person it was cheaper since we put 6 in the room. I wound up paying about what I would have paid per person for 3 balcony staterooms with the internet, dining and drink packages added and got double points, reservations whenever I wanted and someone to call directly whenever I needed anything handlers. To me that adds significant value and I already have another star class room booked for 2021. 

The cost of those rooms varies wildly though so it will depend on your specific sailing and what time of year (East VS late June could make a difference with a lot of school getting out). 

happy sailing!

1 hour ago, csj0810 said:

Any thoughts?

I cannot comment on what is worth it to you as value is different for everyone.  However, I would recommend the suite life on any Oasis class ship.  

55 minutes ago, ryanbarckley said:

if so, the value of a star class suite (2 br aqua theater) goes up significantly for you, and you can balance the added cost by including all the above things I mentioned. 

There is also the Sky class 2bdr Grand suite, which is a lot less expensive than the Star class 2bdr ATS. 

9 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

There is also the Sky class 2bdr Grand suite, which is a lot less expensive than the Star class 2bdr ATS. 

very valid! I only commented on star class because A. That’s the only suite experience I’ve had and B. Because star class carries a lot more value for me VS sky class, because it includes the dining and drink package, 2 things that are important to me. 

16 hours ago, ryanbarckley said:

very valid! I only commented on star class because A. That’s the only suite experience I’ve had and B. Because star class carries a lot more value for me VS sky class, because it includes the dining and drink package, 2 things that are important to me. 

you can always go sky and add the dinning and drink package for much less and Star in that regards. Both inlcude internet on Oasis class plus you do have coastal kitchen for meals if you like