Costa Maya Morning Suggestions

astridwilson

•  
  • July 18, 2005
  •  
  • 165 posts
  • North Carolina

Planning a NCL sponsored Snorkel/Catamaran trip in Costa Maya.  The trip does not start until 2:30PM, was wondering what we should do in the morning?  My Mom is in a wheel chair, but I love the water so...  .Suggestions in the Morning before Lunch without Mom or with Mom.  

With Mom:  

Walk/roll around the cruise port. Small beach there chairs, shopping.  Not my ideal but many like to just stay there.

Without Mom:

Take the tram down to Mahahual and walk along the malecon.  Avoid anyone trying to get to you their beach club.  Look for Krazy Lobster, Tropicante, Pitaya, YaYa, or Pez Quadro.   Or if early stop at the Hotel Caballo Blanco for a delishish breakfast or Karita's for a good coffee.

When ready to return, grab a taxi back.

crewsweeper

Can I ask why you say get the tram down to Mahahual but get a taxi back?  Does the tram not do return trips?   How much do you think a taxi will cost if we do take one back to port.

I will be there in February and am starting now to look at trips while in port but was a bit confused by the tram/taxi comment.

Thanks.

John

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOOGALOO509 said:

crewsweeper

Can I ask why you say get the tram down to Mahahual but get a taxi back?  Does the tram not do return trips?   How much do you think a taxi will cost if we do take one back to port.

I will be there in February and am starting now to look at trips while in port but was a bit confused by the tram/taxi comment.

Thanks.

John

No the tram does not do return trips. Personally, I would just walk outside the port and get a taxi both ways, unless you want the tram experience.

There is a taxi dispatcher just outside port gates (finding your way out is the hard part!) and there is a standard charge of $8 each way for up to 4 people now. I still check price before leaving.

Edited by c-leg5

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, astridwilson said:

We were charged $4 per person each way down to Blue Kay in Mahahual. There were 3 of us. 

unless it has gone up, it should be $8 each way for up to 4 people.

Edited by c-leg5