Zuiderdam: Crow's Nest/Captain's Corner

Boatdrill

Question about the Captain's Corner.......before the  "reimagining " of the Crow's Nest on most HAL ships,  the Captain's Corner was a lovely area on the port side for private gatherings, or to enjoy a quiet cocktail near the CN bar.  Then shore ex moved into the Crow's Nest and the CC became a small lecture hall, with class room seating.

Does anyone know what the configuration of the Captain's Corner is now, on the Zuiderdam  ?  Is it still used for shore ex seminars, or has it been restored to its original purpose ?   

31 minutes ago, Boatdrill said:

Question about the Captain's Corner.......before the  "reimagining " of the Crow's Nest on most HAL ships,  the Captain's Corner was a lovely area on the port side for private gatherings, or to enjoy a quiet cocktail near the CN bar.  Then shore ex moved into the Crow's Nest and the CC became a small lecture hall, with class room seating.

Does anyone know what the configuration of the Captain's Corner is now, on the Zuiderdam  ?  Is it still used for shore ex seminars, or has it been restored to its original purpose ?   

Morning Boatdrill; as far as I know, Zuidy's former port side Crow's Nest Captain's Corner was changed into "Theater EXC" during her Oct/Nov 2017 drydock in Freeport - see attached pic from Westerdam

HAL_WEDM17_ExplorationCafe_LectureRoom1R_MV1709%20dry%20dock.jpg?t=1573145815308&s=8c475354838358b4f667fce657b29d6a619ac3ab

• Like 1

As per Copper John’s pic and the ship’s co-ordinator the Captain’s Corner as we once knew it is no more.  I am organizing the Meet and Greet for our roll call and it has to be held in the Billboard, now.  No more Crow’s Nest or Captain’s Corner on that ship.

55 minutes ago, kazu said:

As per Copper John’s pic and the ship’s co-ordinator the Captain’s Corner as we once knew it is no more.  I am organizing the Meet and Greet for our roll call and it has to be held in the Billboard, now.  No more Crow’s Nest or Captain’s Corner on that ship.

That's what they did on the Voyage of the Vikings.  Not very conducive to a M&G.  The M&G seems to be tolerated.  No refreshments, and no visit by officers.  Crows Nest has been taken over by those large screen tables and the EXC department.   Didn't see anybody showing much interest in those EXC touch screen tables. Future cruises was stuffed into a small room not much larger than a walk-in closet.

It is nice getting your coffee in what's left of the Crows Nest though.  The new sofas were comfortable.  The chairs facing the windows were too close together, and often people blocked the outer chairs, and I didn't want to climb over people to get to the empty chairs.

Thanks Copper for the info.  After seeing a photo of the Koningsdam CC, I was hopeful that HAL had decided that it was time to return to what was lost. 

I'll be on the Z in January and need a place for a small cocktail party. HAL has offered the Gallery Bar, but it's unacceptable (no windows). 

So, anyone have any ideas ?  And no, I can't have it in my room.  🙂 

20 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Morning Boatdrill; as far as I know, Zuidy's former port side Crow's Nest Captain's Corner was changed into "Theater EXC" during her Oct/Nov 2017 drydock in Freeport - see attached pic from Westerdam

HAL_WEDM17_ExplorationCafe_LectureRoom1R_MV1709%20dry%20dock.jpg?t=1573145815308&s=8c475354838358b4f667fce657b29d6a619ac3ab

Ugh, it looks like a setup at a corporate sales meeting. 

• Like 1