COCOCAY BEACH CLUB QUESTION

charmy98

6 hours ago, stevea36 said:

I do not believe that the Coco Beach Club is open yet so there would not be any experiences to share.   You may want to contact RCI's special needs dept at 866-592-7225 and ask them the question.  

Thank you I forgot it wasn't open yet,  our cruise is not until Feb. You look at the pictures in the Cruise Compass and it looks like people are already there. I will give them a call. Thank you.

19 hours ago, charmy98 said:

Thank you I forgot it wasn't open yet,  our cruise is not until Feb. You look at the pictures in the Cruise Compass and it looks like people are already there. I will give them a call. Thank you.

I do believe that they will have tram service to the location which will have the ability for you to roll on with your motorized scooter.  (I would recommend that, unless your scooter is sand proof, you have some other type of chair to transfer to as there may be a topcoat of sand on the hard surfaces due to blowing sand).   You may also want to look up the cruising with disabilities pages here on CC as well as FB.

From what I have been able to gather, there will be a dedicated tram just for the Beach Club, and it will accommodate scooters. I also came across info that the Beach Club area is going to have more hard paths designed into it, providing full access to the restaurant, restrooms and infinity pool area for mobility devices.

Although we really won’t know for sure until reviews start coming in in January, it does look that for mobility-impaired guests, the Beach Club *may* turn out to be the most disabled-friendly area on Coco Cay.

We’re booked in for both days that our Mariner cruise will be stopping in Coco Cay next year. I’m hoping that accessibility will indeed be improved in this area, and I’m banking on the Day Pass prices being at their lowest right now. 

If the reviews come in positive and there’s more demand for it, with RCL’s dynamic pricing and the fact that this restricted area will be capacity controlled, then I can easily see the Days Pass price jump considerably from what we paid - we locked in at a reasonable price for us (≤ $55 US pp) a couple of weeks ago. If the reviews come in negative, with the reality not meeting the hype and expectations, then we can always cancel as we get closer to our cruise date and get our money back.

Plus we can re-price anytime between now and then. So if you’re seriously considering the Beach Club for your sailing and you use a mobility scooter, you did well booking it now. Check the Black Friday Sale, in case the price drops btw. And more importantly, check the reviews that will come in, in the latter part of January. 

RCL has a disabled cruisers FB page and, for sure, it will continue to be discussed there - as are all things related to Coco Cay, RCL & accessibility.

Edited by snowglobe

On spur of the moment I booked a cruise today that stops at Cocoa Cay. A fantastic deal popped up for Oasis next November so I grabbed it.  My husband can't walk long distances and uses a transport chair - the tram sounds great and since it's capacity controlled, it will be nicer - I hope!  Agree with the previous poser - will book now and if mixed reviews come back, I can  always cancel.

Edited by mek