Differences in Haven on Epic?

mafig

I seem to recall reading that the Haven experience is somewhat different on Epic.  However, I cannot recall what the differences are.

Is Haven on Epic better?  Not better?  

What differences are there?

It's larger with a great private sun deck and lounge area.    Outside seating for light lunch   Also a small gym 

Negative is no cover on pool and no hot tub on deck - have to go back downstairs to pool or hot tubs.    Lots of discussion if you search EPIC Haven 

My photos aren't great but these are what I have

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

51 minutes ago, mafig said:

I seem to recall reading that the Haven experience is somewhat different on Epic.  However, I cannot recall what the differences are. Is Haven on Epic better?  Not better?  What differences are there?

The Haven on the Epic is the best in the fleet. 

The Posh Club, the equivalent of the Vibe on the -away class ships, is included with a large, multi-deck sundeck and private bar. And a water feature. 

The Haven lounge space is much larger than other ships, giving you a lot of space (outside your room) to rest and relax with a drink. 

The restaurant is very large and spacious. Unlike the Breakaway and Getaway where the courtyard near the pool is used as overflow seating. The restaurant has a very large outdoor seating area which is lovely on a sea day. 

The Haven courtyard has both a steam room and sauna (don't have to invest in a spa pass). And a small private gym to get your exercise. 

On the Epic, you really never have to leave the Haven complex. 

The one downside is that the courtyard does not have a roof. So if it is raining outside, it is raining in the courtyard. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mafig said:

Are the suites of similar size on Epic?  The reason I'm asking is that I'm looking at the aft penthouse videos and they seem pretty small and the balcony, while lovely, seems on the small size also.

Can't comment on the aft PH, as we did a two bedroom which was slightly narrower master than on the BA, but larger shower  in the second bedroom.    The EPIC balcony was larger.   

The distance from the aft to the Haven may distract from your ability to enjoy all that the EPIC Haven offers.   Only you can decide if you prefer an aft location to the Haven proper.    

If you decide to purchase a spa pass, the spa is aft and the EPIC spa is wonderful and has a balcony area, although small, which I believe is unique to the EPIC .  Our weather wasn't great so I spent a lot of time in the spa enjoying the water features

Edited by 17cruisesnsl
Typo
  • Thanks 1

Epic definitely has the best Haven.

The other ships have one bar in the Haven.   The Epic has 3.    

The other ships have the smallest outdoor upper deck.   To the point that chair hogging is a regular thing.   There is just not enough seating for everyone who wants to enjoy the outdoor, upper sundecks.    Not on the Epic Haven.   Posh is so, so nice.    It has a large bar, plenty of loungers and seating for everyone.......thus no chair hogging!     Nice comfy outdoor seating with umbrellas.    Its very different than the other ships Haven!

The cabins themselves, I didn't notice being smaller but I've only stayed in a 2 bedroom suite across the board.    There is no noticeable space difference.

If you want a great Haven experience go on the Epic!    The rest of the ship itself is sub par if you ask me.   Id never cruise the Epic if I wasn't in the haven.    Its just not a nice ship comparably.    Until you book the Haven.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We found the 2-bedroom suite living area to be a bit smaller (especially around the table) than on the Escape and Breakaway, but the storage is better in the bathroom.

The Epic Haven is awesome. We are looking forward to returning to it in February!

We were on the Epic this past March and the Haven was outstanding. Just stay away from the Haven Spa Suites. You are not in the Haven complex, and the rooms are right below the pool deck. We heard lots of footsteps or kids running at night, and at 6AM they start dragging out the loungers. The Haven restaurant is the best restaurant on the boat in my opinion. Will just stay in the Haven complex next time. Oh, and the Thermal Spa was awesome!!!

Edited by schevel

21 hours ago, mafig said:

Are the suites of similar size on Epic?  The reason I'm asking is that I'm looking at the aft penthouse videos and they seem pretty small and the balcony, while lovely, seems on the small size also.

I stayed in one in August and wrote a review of it. Apparently the other haven suites do not divide the bathroom from the main area with a curtain. We hated the curtain as my husband wakes up early and woke me up frequently. Also had smokers on their balconies near us. I felt like I didn’t really enjoy the haven experience either because the rooms were so far away. 

On 11/10/2019 at 10:48 AM, Vyhanek said:

If you want a great Haven experience go on the Epic!    The rest of the ship itself is sub par if you ask me.   Id never cruise the Epic if I wasn't in the haven.    Its just not a nice ship comparably.    Until you book the Haven.

I can see what you mean by reading Epic's reviews.  Generally, they are not good, ☹️except for the Haven.