Soda

markrph

4 hours ago, Redwing55 said:

I guess you have some issues with Princess.  But a gun is a common term for liquid dispensers at most bars.   So, I'm missing your point.. whatever it may be.

TIA

I missed @pablo222's point also. If you are going to spew anti-Princess venom at least make sense.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Redwing55 said:

I guess you have some issues with Princess.  But a gun is a common term for liquid dispensers at most bars.   So, I'm missing your point.. whatever it may be.

TIA

Previously, you wrote:

"Just a note. I received a call today from Princess and they told me the new Sky Princess will have Coke fountain at the bars for the soda package and no free style machines at this time."

I described what a coke fountain is, with picture.

To me, it is a much nicer experience to have a waiter bring you a soft drink when you are seated in a bar,

than to go up to the fountain and serve yourself, like some fast food place.

Princess seems intent on removing everything that made their cruises special,

as quickly as possible.

1 hour ago, pablo222 said:

Previously, you wrote:

"Just a note. I received a call today from Princess and they told me the new Sky Princess will have Coke fountain at the bars for the soda package and no free style machines at this time."

To me, it is a much nicer experience to have a waiter bring you a soft drink when you are seated in a bar,

Princess seems intent on removing everything that made their cruises special,y 

as quickly as possible.

If that upsets you so much, might I suggest you move on and leave Princess in your rear view mirror as you head for happier shores. I doubt that they are going to use the fountain you picture as it has no controls to make sure only soda package users have access. My guess is that they may install those machines behind the bar with only bar staff having access. Regardless of the method of dispensing, I do not see this as a dramatic cutback or even a minor causation of distress over the reduction of the "glamour of cruising."

4 hours ago, pablo222 said:

Previously, you wrote:

Princess seems intent on removing everything that made their cruises special,

as quickly as possible.

Well, you never mentioned nor implied that they would be installing self serve devices.  And frankly, for me, I actually would love being able to get my refills when I wanted to.  So to each there own.  And even then, how do you know that you couldn't ask a waiter to get you a refill?   And if I'm seated at the pool, I bet they'd refill it as usual.

Again, it looks like you meant it as an underhanded swipe to the brand.  That's your prerogative.  And I'm impressed that Princess called you and relayed that info.  

19 hours ago, Thrak said:

Common type of "gun" for soda.  Princess doesn't use the "fountain" posted by pablo222. Of course I'm pretty sure he already knows that...

Hello?   According to 'twodaywonder', they will.

I read and responded to this post:

On 11/19/2019 at 5:01 PM, twodaywonder said:

No indication that once carnival switches to Pepsi that they will have the Pepsi free style machines which Pepsi DOES have. Just a note. I received a call today from Princess and they told me the new Sky Princess will have Coke fountain at the bars for the soda package and no free style machines at this time.

If you want to argue about gun vs. fountain, please direct your comments to the poster who wrote it.

6 hours ago, Doug R. said:

II doubt that they are going to use the fountain you picture as it has no controls to make sure only soda package users have access

Royal Carribbean uses such a system, by using an rfid chip.  I can't remember if the chip is in the cup,

or their magic band.    They have obviously found a way to control access.

Perhaps you would like to respond to the poster who told us that sky princess would have coke fountains?

If you are going to comment on the posts here, please at least try and make sense.

Edited by pablo222

9 minutes ago, pablo222 said:

Hello?   According to 'twodaywonder', they will.

I read and responded to this post:

If you want to argue about gun vs. fountain, please direct your comments to the poster who wrote it.

Sorry, my bad.

Edited by Thrak

2 hours ago, pablo222 said:

Royal Carribbean uses such a system, by using an rfid chip.  I can't remember if the chip is in the cup,

Perhaps you would like to respond to the poster who told us that sky princess would have coke fountains?

If you are going to comment on the posts here, please at least try and make sense.

Royal Caribbean uses the freestyle machine which is not the one you pictured. It is controlled by chip in the provided tumbler.

2 hours ago, pablo222 said:

"Royal Caribbean Rolls out Self-Service Drink Fountains with RFID Technology"

https://hospitalitytech.com/royal-caribbean-rolls-out-self-service-drink-fountains-rfid-technology

If Royal Carribbean has such a system, it's pretty likely that Princess' coke account rep could sell them one...

1 minute ago, pablo222 said:

"Royal Caribbean Rolls out Self-Service Drink Fountains with RFID Technology"

https://hospitalitytech.com/royal-caribbean-rolls-out-self-service-drink-fountains-rfid-technology

If Royal Carribbean has such a system, it's pretty likely that Princess' coke account rep could sell them one...

Despite your stubborn insistence, Having sailed on Royal since the installation referred to in the eight year old article I can say with confidence that Royal uses the Coke Freestyle Machine, not the soda fountain you illustrate.

Just now, Doug R. said:

Despite your stubborn insistence, Having sailed on Royal since the installation referred to in the eight year old article I can say with confidence that Royal uses the Coke Freestyle Machine, not the soda fountain you illustrate.

Princess has already announced they will be using freestyle machines in the future.

"Excludes beverages offered via vending machines, but includes Coke Freestyle machines where available (coming soon)."

From this page:

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-and-soda-package-disclaimer/

The reference to a 'coke fountain' was made by another poster...

...perhaps you'd prefer to argue with them.